EBay lets big sellers abuse the policies ... why am I surprised

I while back I was looking for a water pump and saw one like this:

Mini Brushless DC Water Pump DC 12V 5W 280L/H Lift 300cm Submersible Fountain G4

I noticed that the seller was based in Chullora, NSW.  Then I saw another seller selling the same item with same pictures again, based in Chullora, NSW. There were at least 4 sellers based in Chullora selling the same item, often at exactly the same price and description.  Interestingly many of the neg feedbacks reported long shipping times and suspected items were based in China, not Australia.  The responses to feedback indicated all sellers has very little grasp of English.  I reported this to EBay as I suspected theye are indeed the one seller drop-shipping from China.  I was looking for a pump again the other day and noticed the same thing with supposedly 5 sellers all based in Chullora. I'm sure some were the same ones I reported months ago.  Judging by the high volume of sales I assume EBay turns a blind eye to the policy breaches.  Then again, why am I surprised. EBay ain't what it used to be.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: EBay lets big sellers abuse the policies ... why am I surprised

Hello, everyone.

This thread is getting a little off-topic and some disruptive comments are starting to occur. 

Could we please bring the discussion back to "EBay lets big sellers abuse the policies ... why am I surprised"

Thanks!

luna-2304

Community Moderator

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: EBay lets big sellers abuse the policies ... why am I surprised

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply