ENTER MORE THAN NOT RESET AFTER BID RETRACTION BY OTHER

Hello,

Have bid on an item and the current bid is below the maximum I have set. The item was bid on by another person and my max bid exceeded. The bid by the other was then retracted and I was reinstated as the winning bidder. The "Enter more than AU $..." has not updated and so effectively alows others to spend my money up to the maximum bid amount I set. This is not what I would expect of a site like Ebay. Though anyone viewing the auction would have had access to this information if they were watching at the time, it shouldn't be continuously displayed for all to take advantage of.

Regards

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@ecologicplumbing wrote:

Hello,

Have bid on an item and the current bid is below the maximum I have set. The item was bid on by another person and my max bid exceeded. The bid by the other was then retracted and I was reinstated as the winning bidder. The "Enter more than AU $..." has not updated and so effectively alows others to spend my money up to the maximum bid amount I set. This is not what I would expect of a site like Ebay. Though anyone viewing the auction would have had access to this information if they were watching at the time, it shouldn't be continuously displayed for all to take advantage of.

Regards

are you still looking at the listing while logged in on the ID that you did bid with?  If yes, then you can only bid higher than your previous high bid which would be why the figure has not updated to a new lower amount.

Try logging out and viewing the item and seeing what "enter more than" figure is showing when not viewed from your ID.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Only you can see that, as the bidder

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the fast response and yes your right; I was logged in so the "Enter more than AU$..." was specific to my bidding and not what others can see.
Regards

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ecologicplumbing wrote:

Hello,

Regards

are you still looking at the listing while logged in on the ID that you did bid with?  If yes, then you can only bid higher than your previous high bid which would be why the figure has not updated to a new lower amount.

Try logging out and viewing the item and seeing what "enter more than" figure is showing when not viewed from your ID.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Only you can see that, as the bidder
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the fast response and yes your right; I was logged in so the "Enter more than AU$..." was specific to my bidding and not what others can see.
Regards
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I've done the same thing at times, and only when I sat back and thought about it did I see why something was as it was.

Glad to be able to help, and alleviate any concerns you may have had.  Good luck with the auction.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply