Ebay Charged me twice

san-8113
Community Member

I recently bought a few items from ebay costing a hefty $360. I purchased each items from different sellers and checked out via cart. On the day, Ebay charged me the full $360 on the spot which I thought was normal. The next morning, I wake up to see that my bank acc ended up losing another $360. Worried, I looked through my purchase history and Ebay charged me again for each of the individual items?! I'm really confused as to why that happened. Will Ebay refund me the second deductions or did they just charge me $720 for a $360 order? Has this happened to anyone before? Will I get my money back?! 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay Charged me twice

I havent had it with Ebay,  but it has a couple of times with my local supermarket,  in that case a clitch in their software caused a double settlement with the bank.   One I noticed was automatically reversed the next day,  the other I contacted them about.

My suggestion would be to get onto the chat with Ebay and let them know, and see what the story is.  Members here wouldnt be able to advise in regards to the technicalities of it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Ebay Charged me twice

I havent had it with Ebay,  but it has a couple of times with my local supermarket,  in that case a clitch in their software caused a double settlement with the bank.   One I noticed was automatically reversed the next day,  the other I contacted them about.

My suggestion would be to get onto the chat with Ebay and let them know, and see what the story is.  Members here wouldnt be able to advise in regards to the technicalities of it.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

bayoubuyer11
Community Member

It just happened to me. A combined order with 5 sellers saw 5 payments go out totalling $420. Then a duplicate $420 authority placed on my account the same day by ebay. No way to contact them. My bank will fight it out and if necessary reimburse me themselves. I will never use ebay again after these 5 items have been delivered. I had to lose the money and close my card and wait for a replacement and face much stress that far out weighs the significant financial loss.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

Same thing has happened with my purchase, Have you gotten any solutions or refund?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

stucam-2
Community Member

Same with me. Ebay are impossible to contact. Looks like i'll have to dispute with my bank too

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

Has just happened to me.

How did you go resolving it?

Thanks,

Steve..

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

Just happened to me. 2 transactions for 2 orders, then a third transaction for the total of the 2 orders. 

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

I just had a chat to ebay about this same issue. 

Apparently checking out multiple items from multiple sellers and paying by credit card will show up on bank statements as separate payments - one for each item on the order. Unfortunately, having multiple sellers' item on one order ALSO triggers a separate payment authorisation something-or-other (for the full order amount) that eventually gets reversed a few days later.

Their "official" workaround to prevent this is to place separate orders for individual items instead of checking out a whole cart with multiple sellers' items.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

Anyone find a solution to this problem?  I bought something for $32.89.  That day, my bank account shows 3 pending transactions for $32.89.  It also showed a transaction for $65.80.  For what ever reason, it rounded up the $32.89 to $32.90.  Now multiple that by two and you get $65.80.  Ebay told me they have no record of charging me $65.80.  They instructed me to charge it back with my bank.  I did.  Now they denied it because they didn't find an error.  It's impossible to speak to someone useful at ebay....

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay Charged me twice

Might be better to ask on the member forum for eBay USA, since that is where you are

What worked for members on Aussie eBay/Aussie banks, might not work over there

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply