Ebay - Click and Collect Promotion - FAIL

So, I decided to use the recent Click and Collect promotion in October.  If you purchase $100-$199 you received a $50 Ebay voucher, if you purchase above $200, a $100 voucher.  I tried to buy 2 items at once totalling over $200.  Paid via paypal, somethinbg went wrong, it paid 1 and left the other - from the same vendor!  I immediately contacted Ebay Customer support explaining the situation along with the terms of the promotion and was told to pay for the second item, and Ebay would process the voucher manually if I was only sent a $50 voucher - surprise surprise it didnt work.  After contacting Ebay somewhere around 5 times it was agreed the customer support person made an error and I would be credited $50 to Paypal - they didnt.

Worst promotion, customer support ever.  Be warned if something stuffs up dont expect Ebay to do the right thing.

Anyone else enjoy this promotion.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I enjoyed the fact that even though I live within a five minutes drive of a major new Woolies it wasn't in the Click and Collect network...so I wasn't able to even attempt to make use of the promotion.

You were promised the 50$. Keep at them until you get it, I have had luck with getting promotion errors rectified. Good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion.....I received my $100 voucher and my husband got his $50.

Did you put the 2 items from the same seller in your cart first?  I have found that they always combine when you use the cart first.

Have you checked that the voucher has not been added to your My Ebay account as it usually is?

Log into your ebay account and use the drop down box.....don't try to look from here on the boards as the voucher will not show.

If it is not there, or in your paypal account, do ass Amber says, if ebay has promised to rectify the problem keep on at them.....but be quick as the vouchers expire on Monday.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply