Ebay Customer Support is useless now, trying to reslove an issue with an item i bought over 90 days

G'day,

I'm having trouble trying to get any actual help on ebay about an item i paid for back in July 2021.

It was a collector's edition for a game that doesn't get sold in Australia so i had to preorder it on ebay. The item was paid for and the seller, who seemed friendly at the time, said he would conta t me closer to the release of the game when the collector's editions would be sent out.

Fast forward to the start of 2022 and I've contacted the supplier twice now about the item I've paid for and haven't, as of yet heard back.

I've tried using the ebay support portal but it's absolutely useless, clearly if it involves an item that was paid for past the 90 day mark then ebay doesn't want to know about it. It's absolutely infuriating to deal with as i can't get help feom anyone or even submit a claim.

Ebay needs to pick up there act, it was never this hard to get help ages ago.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Ebay Customer Support is useless now, trying to reslove an issue with an item i bought over 90 days

H, sorry to hear about your issue.

If you have paid for the item via PayPal then put in a PayPal claim for "item not received". Copy and paste in some correspondence between you and seller with, "Here is some of the dialogue of our discussion about this". Is it still 180 days?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ICSTD

Does Paypal Allow 180 Days To File A Claim?

In order to claim a refund, the Buyer must contact the PayPal Resolution Center within 180 days of making the payment through PayPal. In order to claim a PayPal payment, the Buyer must make a claim within 180 days. Once you have logged into your PayPal account, you can do this in the PayPal Resolution Center.

https://www.ictsd.org/how-to-get-money-back-from-paypal-after-180-days/#5

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

G'day,

Unfortunately its been 185 days so looks like i won't get any help there either.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry to hear this. Is the seller local or overseas?

Do you think that in the end the seller may come good?

You mention "the supplier". So the seller is not the supplier and the supplier is sending the goods, or supposed to send from a different location right?

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I will add that a friend got an item on pre-order for me. The release date was changed about 3 times at least. When the item was first advertised, the expected release date was in about 3 weeks. It took about 3 months to finally arrive. Your case however is extreme.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

G'day,

Sorry for the confusion I'm still in work mode, when i say supplier i mean seller.

From what his account says he is an Australian as well, as for if he'll come good i don't know as I've messaged him twice now.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

@sullmiester wrote:

G'day,

I'm having trouble trying to get any actual help on ebay about an item i paid for back in July 2021โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Ebay needs to pick up there act, it was never this hard to get help ages ago.

The eBay portal is not useless, itโ€™s just that users donโ€™t read up the terms and conditions of use of the website and then whinge and complain when โ€˜things donโ€™t go the way they thought it wouldโ€™.

eBay  mbg is 30 days after the expected date of delivery has expired, to make a claim.
After that, you have PayPal which is 180 days to make a claim.  (If you used PayPal to pay).
You canโ€™t do both at the same time, and eBay is your first port of call, NOT PayPal. 

Personally, I wouldnโ€™t pre-order anything on eBayโ€ฆโ€ฆ and I certainly wouldnโ€™t pay for it 6 mths in advance! 

IF you are still within your 180 days then start a PayPal claim NOW. 

Can you please list the item number of the purchase of the game so we can have a look at the listing? 
Next time, donโ€™t leave it 6mths , heck, donโ€™t even leave it 6 weeks! Ok ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@sullmiester wrote:

G'day,

Unfortunately its been 185 days so looks like i won't get any help there either.

Our posts are crossing overโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

youโ€™re out of luck. Try and get a charge back (reversal of costs)  from the bank, if you used a credit Card to pay (even itโ€™s itโ€™s via PayPal) 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

G'day,

So that is my only, to get a chargeback fee through the bank?

Is there a link within paypal that I'll need to go through or do i just speak with my bank directly?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@sullmiester wrote:

G'day,

Sorry for the confusion I'm still in work mode, when i say supplier i mean seller.

From what his account says he is an Australian as well, as for if he'll come good i don't know as I've messaged him twice now.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey, that's OK. I'm just thinking that perhaps the seller may be genuine and they have had others send messages wanting to know when their items are coming. Perhaps the seller doesn't know and he is just holding off on answering you until he gets a definite sign from the wholesaler. He may be a bit stressed about it himself.

Perhaps do another contact and say something like  .. .. .  "Hi, I know pre-orders can go funny sometimes. Please, if you could just reply to me just to put my mind at ease so I know that you're on the case, that would be a great help. And if you can give me an idea on when you think it may be dispatched then that can help."

And maybe just tell seller that if this comes through good for you, you'll be dealing with him again.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply