Ebay Plus Postage Fee Glitch

Ebay Plus is glitchy!
Make sure that express postage fees aren't added after clicking "Pay with Paypal". 

Fortunately  I noticed before paying with paypal, others have not been so lucky. I raised this concern with ebay but they denied the ebayplus item was eligible but could not explain why. I was forced to purchase the item with the drastically slower standard postage.

The next day I tried again and express postage was free after preceding to the paypal window. I contacted ebay again and explained that I did not get the express postage included with my item I ordered yesterday because their website was faulty. After much explaining they finally understood the problem and said it would not happen on future purchases (I don't believe that), and that was all. Their page of eligible post codes was also missing (at the time of posting), not a great look for a subscription service.

I have had nothing but issues since signing up to ebay plus and will be seriously considering ending the subscription when the renewal come up in a few days. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I would end it now if there are only a few days to go until it renews. It's a complete waste of money for most people. That said, if renewal is due in a few days, it may already be too late. Try cancelling now and see if it goes through before they take next year's fees. If you are debited again, then you're stuck with it another year, but at least in 12 months time it will delete if you cancel now.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just a thought.... Not saying it's what happened, as glitches aren't a surprising thing on eBay, but just in case.  Your delivery address doesn't change at any point, does it? Free express post is only available to Plus members in major metro areas, while addresses outside of those areas have to pay for the upgrade themselves if they want it. eBay will base postage quotes on your primary registered delivery address, so if that changes between looking at a listing and checking out, it could cause an issue like this. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I thought of that, but no, the address didn't change. Just a glitch that people should look out for.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You were right, it was too late, they charged me for another year which also included an international transaction fee (I'm with NAB). 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply