Ebay Refuses to stop those Sellers breaking rules

Hay A seller i have had problems with states they are 100% Australian, The items come from Australia. Any problems you have 12month warranty. Yet when item arrives dead, They muck me around, I try and get their contact details and Ebay for some reason wouldnt send them. I got every other email to my address, Jjust not the cobtact infomation. I contact Ebay and just get cut and paste replies. I finaly get the infomation from the seller, He is not in Australia at all. Ive reported him as breaking rules and stating in Aus when in fact not, Even his contact info states such Yet REbay refuse to do anything, Is this normal behavuior from Ebay? Im getting so fed up of their rubbish im thinking of not using Ebay anymore

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, there are 10,000's of so called "Australian Sellers" that are infact Chinese Sellers. + the warranties your given, aren't worth ANYTHING. Report the Sellers, as the item locations are NOT correct. Most likely though, ZERO will happen. ebay love the $$$ too much to do anything about them.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

grashawr - you can't be serious!

About Ebay closing down Chinese sellers! Or stopping them in any form!

China is the biggest marketplace in the world, sellers from there would eat Australian ones for breakfast in the size of the massive revenue that they produce for Ebay.

If you were Ebay would you "penalize" in any way your biggest money making machine?

All you have to do is buy wise, anything with guarantees - from the proper local stores - then you won't have to go far if anything is wrong during guaranteed term.

As 95% of everything in our local stores comes from China anyway, you can't possibly mind too much if someone else gets it from there and sells it to you here - but somehow - it's all of a sudden so wrong to buy anything from China on Ebay?

Because it's too **bleep**py, takes ages to receive and it costs more to post back?

Most of the time stuff is so cheap that it wouldn't be worth complaining or posting back even if they were next door.

Chuck it out and be more sellective next time.

PS: I could be wrong, but I don't think you get valid warranty from any seller, from any country - unless they are the big store.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The solution is in the buyer's hands. If they leave negs and mark down Description DSRs because an item is wrongly listed as being in Australia when it comes from overseas then they won't be able to fool anyone, those continuing to buy know exactly what they are getting.

The new ebay buyer protection also states that a seller must provide an address for returns that matches with the country the item is meant to be in so if they want faulty items sent back to China or wherever they will have to be honest about where they are sending them from.

It makes no difference if an item is from China or Australia as far as guarantees are concerned, once you are outside the Paypal or ebay time limit you have no guarantee

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

fixn, I think what the OP was referring to was why ebay does not do anything to clarrify THE EXACT location of these items. Yes, they say they are in Australia, but they are not. Reporting an item is utterly pointless IMO.  As the latter mentioned, mark their DSRs low and this may help.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

The new ebay buyer protection also states that a seller must provide an address for returns that matches with the country the item is meant to be in so if they want faulty items sent back to China or wherever they will have to be honest about where they are sending them from.

How does ebay enforce this new requirement??

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Listings stating that are in Australia should be IN AUSTRALIA, Its that simple really. I buy an item because of an Australia seller, supposedly. Then when it shows up damaged the contact details are China and has to be sent back to China, How is that ok? That seller sshould have all his auction cancled for breaking the rules. That simple. Ebay should force refunds and take responibilty. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If you use the refund option and it is a Chinese seller the refund cost defaults to the seller not the buyer!
Just checked this 2 days ago so even if the item is sent from a warehouse in Australia the refund has to be paid by them.
This depends if they have listed their company overseas.
Cheers
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply