Ebay cannot issue me a refund for returned item

lash12
Community Member

I had purchased 2 items on Ebay from a seller on 18 /8/15, later I sent them back for a refund  , it costs me $ US 837 altogether  to paid for, when the seller received the returned items back he opened a case to give me a refund for orignal shipping that I didn't ask for, it was on 12/9/15, ebay wasn't sure about the case, then I contacted ebay regarding the matter on 19/9/15, then ebay decided to give me a refund with original shipping cost, from then I was waiting for ebay to issue me a refund and it took ages, I had contacted them more than 5 times and they kept tellling me to wait fot it due to technical problems and because it was a high value item . Until now I still haven't receive my money back, they even blocked me out from contacting them.

Does anyone encounter the same problem, or any suggestions as ebay has too much control over the transactions, and they don't even treat a customer right as their policies suggested, what a shame

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you open a dispute in ebay and wait for ebay to tell you where you needed to return the item to?

If you sent it back before ebay gave you the address you are pretty much out of luck with getting a refund I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The problem was not the return address as return process was in order and they already approved the refund, the issue was that ebay could not issue me a refund as they promised, and I am out of patience as I have been waiting for more than 37 days until now and could not receive my money back

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

What was ebay's reason for not being able to issue a refund ?

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Million of reasons, high value item, currency conversion, now technical problem... what's next, trying to delay the process 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Think you might just need to be patient. The process does take awhile. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

lash, have you been phoning them or emailing them?

Emailing is generally considered by members here to be a complete waste of time, far better to phone them or preferably to get them to phone you back and talk to a supervisor.

As said, the eBay MBG (if that's what you went through) can be a long drawn out process.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply