Ebay case opened

snow042
Community Member

I cannot put a dispute through Paypal because it says I have a case opened in Ebay. My item was supposed to turn up Mid December.

Tracking has come to a standstill saying in delivery on the 23rd December. The owner says to wait until further action from ebay. Nothing is happening.

Now, Can I close the case in Ebay and open a dispute in Paypal, or if I close the case in Ebay would I be doing the wrong thing if they say I settled on Ebay.

Not sure what to do as Ebay and the seller are doing nothing!!!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay case opened

Have you escalated the case in ebay? Where are your seller / you located?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

You can only use one or the other
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

If you close the case in ebay you will NOT be able to open a second case in Paypal.

Do not close the case in ebay until it is resolved.  If the seller is not taking action you need to escalate the case to get ebay involved.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

Unsure what you mean about the tracking, if it is showing as delivered then you will almost certainly lose the dispute and will have to take it up with Aus Post.

If it is not showing as delivered then you are better off with an ebay dispute anyway as they require proof of delivery, Paypal a seller just has to show it was posted. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

How do I escalate it? Im in Redbank NSW. im not sure if they are in Sydney or China. He says its been despatched from Sydney
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

Its not showing delivered. Its showing "in transit" on the 23rd December. He said it was sent from Sydney.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

This is what my open case has been saying since 10th January. "Hang on, we're still reviewing your case"

I cant see anywhere to escalate this. Do I have to keep waiting until something happens!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay case opened

Yes you need to wait until it has been reviewed,ebay should have given you a date until you need to wait and then from that date if you haven't received your item then you can go ahead and escalate it 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply