Ebay made for scammers

rb30dett
Community Member

So Ive been scammed several times over the last few weeks, Ebay doesn't help at all infact Ebay seems to go out of their way to protect the scammers.  I have 2 purchases now that have not arrived and are past delivery date but I can't get any assistance from Ebay not chat helpline no money back guarantee nothing.  My advice is avoid Ebay.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay made for scammers

You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case on eBay. Don't let sellers convince you to wait past that date. After that you won't be able to open a case on eBay, but if you used PayPal to pay, you have 180 day since the day of purchase.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

If you've been scammed, that is entirely down to you. eBay provide massive protections for buyers. They do expect buyers to familiarise themselves with the rules. You presumably thought that was too much effort...

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

How scammed?

Ebay gives you every single tool to get a refund in the event of an item not being delivered or not as described.

If an item is late, you need to open a dispute. Did the seller string you along past the deadline?

Did you check seller feedback before purchasing? Was the seller registered as domestic or overseas (you can see this on their feedback page)?

Nobody can help you if you go past the deadlines, but as advised, your only option is to open a case in Paypal and do not close it until you have a refund.

Buyers do need to do their own due diligence before purchasing. This includes understanding the guidelines in the event of an issue, as well as the timeframes given.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

eBay protect scammer buyers, most certainly

Very rare for eBay to side with a seller, even the best sellers if they seller cannot prove delivery to the address the buyer provided 

Did you use the tools available to you, in the time frame/limit?

What was the estimated delivery date?

What date did you try to open the item not received dispute?

Did you follow that dispute through before it timed out?

You don't mention doing any of those things and given your attitude, I assume you did not do any of them but still expect to get the protection anyway

I

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

Explain to me how after the item has not arrived on time (4weeks after paying) I am unable to request help from ebay? when i start the item didn't arrive claim I get an automated its on its way message and nothing else? explain how after putting this up yesterday within a few hours I was able to raise a claim through ebay?  Like I said several scammers lately the previous ones were sorted by paypal without any assistance from ebay.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

Seller shuts down store or closes account after purchase I had the claims refunded via paypal because ebay wouldn't help

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

Well your just wrong aren't you.   

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

Nice attitude.

Let's hope you don't need any future help from the forum.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

Nope, don't feel like it

You are not a mod so you don't get to tell members what to do

If you could not open a dispute it is because you waited more than 30 days past the last EDD

But then you say you could raise a claim through eBay

Make up your mind sweetie

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply