Ebay not enforcing their rules regarding contact details.

I purchased an item back in may, I couldnt get the seller to contact me, So I pulled their details, Cobtacts were false, I reported them and Ebay finaly got them to reply to me, Said paypal doesnt work etc, Send to bank account. Did so. A week goes by no contact, Pull details again, still fake contact details. Report again, Ebay assures me they will take action, 2 weeks, same thing, 2 more weeks same thing, whats the go with Ebay? Do they ever actualy enforce their rules???????

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@grashawr wrote:

whats the go with Ebay? Do they ever actualy enforce their rules???????

Only when it suits them.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

ya it seems tha case for sure ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Um why would you deposit money into a total strangers bank account after you already knew their

contact details were wrong ? And you still expected them to send your item ?

You should have told them to fix their Paypal or run a mile from that purchase.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Because their feedback is good and my Husband tracked their address and place of work down. The amount wasnt much, Its the point of the matter. But all that is besideds the point. The question and main concern is Ebays total lack of trying to even offer customer service or trying to make this place a safe one. I

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

Um why would you deposit money into a total strangers bank account after you already knew their

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@grashawr wrote:

I purchased an item back in may, I couldnt get the seller to contact me, So I pulled their details, Cobtacts were false, I reported them and Ebay finaly got them to reply to me, Said paypal doesnt work etc, Send to bank account. Did so. A week goes by no contact, Pull details again, still fake contact details. Report again, Ebay assures me they will take action, 2 weeks, same thing, 2 more weeks same thing, whats the go with Ebay? Do they ever actualy enforce their rules???????

eBay doesn't give a **bleep** As a buyer you must be aware at all times. Avoid sellers with bad feedback record, read listing carefully. And always give negative feedbacks to those scum sellers so that others can avoid them.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@grashawr wrote:

Because their feedback is good and my Husband tracked their address and place of work down. The amount wasnt much, Its the point of the matter. But all that is besideds the point. The question and main concern is Ebays total lack of trying to even offer customer service or trying to make this place a safe one. I

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

Er, l think l may have missed something here,  @grashawr wrote:

Because their feedback is good and my Husband tracked their address and place of work down.

What your Husband works for ASIO, COMMONWEATH POLICE, LOCAL POLICE,  the Court System, Banking System, some Overseas Foreign Intelligence Organization, or what ????   l thought that Bank Account Details were covered under the Privacy Policy of the said Bank, and only they were able to follow up on Deposits.  A work place address, my Bank has NEVER had mine in 23 years.
Wow, next time l need someone found, may l hire your Husband & his expertize, please ?   Cat Surprised

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It is not difficult to track people down when you have a few facts.

People who are out to scam someone usually slip up on the details somewhere.

Have you forgotten the seller who was re-using Sydney Water envelopes.....I tracked him down and have his name, address, phone number and have even looked at his house on Google.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

And this week's stalker award goes to      ......................

Lyndal    

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Oh, stawkes, Wasn't' l even in the running ?

l am so disappointed, l never win nuffin. Such is life on ebay street.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply