Ebay plus is a scam

lhey_sy
Community Member

SO DISAPPOINTED!

Usually I use the app to view things and buy things, 2 months ago I also activated the 30-days trial through the app, later I had tried to cancel it but I could not find such option on the app, instead when I click the ebay plus section on the app it shows a big 'start your free trial' sign, this had misled me to think the subscription was already cancelled. Until yesterday when I checked my bank statement, I found this mysterious $49 taken by ebay, and realise the subscription might be still active, so I opened my ebay app again try to find cancel option, but there is no cancel option but still the big 'start your trial' sign. At the end I have to googled 'how to cancel ebay plus' to find the cancel option on the web page. WELL-HIDDEN!

AND I did not recieve any notification of this payment, if I did not check my bank statement may be I will be charged again without notification next year!

I used three hours to talk to their online help center people today, and I got these infomation: 'ebay do no give out invoice or notification when they took your money for renewal', 'the app do not have cancel option' and 'no refund', so you can do anything through the app but when you try to do cancellation it hides. HOW NICE.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay plus is a scam

Can't help, sorry.

The T&Cs explicitly state that you will be charged once the free trial ends. And yes, you will be charged again next year if you don't cancel your subscription. Your failure to read and understand the T&Cs in no way makes it a scam.

I don't use eBay Plus, and wouldn't use the app in a fit, so that's the extent of my knowledge.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply