Ebay says a case cant be re-opened

I opened a case on an item that the USPS had not sent ...one USPS agent said it would open a case but the item was late . The seller convinced me to close the case and it was on the way . Now the USPS says they never received the package from the seller . EBay will not re-open my case with this new evidence ...they have absolutely no means for me contacting them over this issue ... their endless hoops I have to jump through all return me to the beginning or a statement that my case has been closed . No human chat or direct human phone communication possible . UNBELIEVABLE !!! HELP!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Correct, once a case is closed it cannot be reopened 

in future, do not close a case on the sellerโ€™s say so, no matter what they tell you

if you paid by PayPal. Open a dispute there

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, Sandy is right.

And please be aware of the fact that PayPal cases cannot be reopened either, so if you are able to open a PayPal case do not close it if asked by the seller to do so because they cannot help you if a case is open (this is a common excuse).

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You canโ€™t reopen a case. Iโ€™ve tried too.

I have been with eBay over 15 years and just got shafted by a scammer and eBay, and their โ€˜money back guaranteeโ€™. Not only did I not get my $714 back but they removed my negative feedback!! 

I bought prepaid satchels which never came. But tracking said it did. Australia post were awesome. They fully investigated and said that only small envelopes were sent (too small to contain my purchase), likely to another P.O. Box and they wrote me a letter confirming it was likely a scam. The guy also told me on the phone that eBay is aware of this scam but wouldnโ€™t help me and I should seek โ€˜chargebacksโ€™ from my bank. 

But the scammer told eBay tracking said it arrived and eBay didnโ€™t even bother to give me a chance to reply but decided the case the same day it was escalated to them by the seller (I tried and tried to put in my side but there was no ability to add anything except my initial comments from a week earlier that it hadnโ€™t arrived and I was investigating) because tracking shows it arrived thatโ€™s it. I didnโ€™t even get a chance to submit my Australian post letter. Then they deleted my feedback as the final kick up the **bleep**.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Give it a rest.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply