Email reference id: [#f942ed84c15e43b3877e0e4b96e8c1da#]

In April 2021 prior to Easter I ordered a pink Flamingo garden item. I paid an additional $12 for expedited delivery to Florida.  So, this was about $25 for an item that was never received.  I live in NYC and was sending the item to another senior citizen friend .. in Florida.  She never received the pink Flamingo.  There was no tracing for this PRIORITY PAID DELIVERY ITEM.  Outrageous.  Now I am visiting Florida.  That pink Flamingo was never received.  eBay advised I was not covered by their delivery guarantee protection, yet this was a seller on eBay.  I filed the complaint and the seller refused to provide delivery information or proof it was shipped via Priority Mail.  These Flamingos are sold from China with shipping for about $10 or $12 via Aliexpress.  The delivery from China would have taken too long, so I purchased from the eBay seller for about $12 plus $12 ... total $25 so it would be delivered priority mail in time for Easter. It was NEVER DELIVERED.  eBay advised I had no protection for the delivery. I thought everything purchased on eBay had the protection.  This was a $25 loss to me ... and a failed delivery to a friend.  I subsequently purchased a purple Flamingo directly from China and it was delivered.  Because both my friend and I are senior citizens, there was a communication description problem between us since she received the purple Flamingo (the one directly from China) about a month after I had ordered it.  The pink Flamingo was never delivered to my friend and the PRIORITY DELIVERY PAYMENT WHICH COST ME ABOUT $12+ was not provided.  I am writing this since I've purchased many, many times on eBay and always believed I had the protection that I was covered for failure to delivery, etc., by the eBay Seller.  I've learned since then to check more carefully.  Rather than via PayPal I may have paid by my credit card, I don't remember, and it's been months.  I know I could go back to the credit card charge and file a complaint.  I am 84 and just do not have the time.  I caution anyone purchasing anything from eBay to heed my caution that they want protection for non-delivery, etc.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is there any particular reason why you have posted this on the AUSTRALIAN boards?

TL;DR. Save the paragraph.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Confused as to why you post this warning on the forum for Australia

I can only assume it is different for US as here buyers have all the tools and all the power

IF they choose to use it and not use age or income as an excuse

Unfortunately, here on this forum there are a large number of senior citizens so unlikely to draw a sympathy/special treatment for age reaction

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

In general, as the buyer, it would have been up to you to keep an eye on the purchase and open a case for Not Received if the estimated date of delivery had passed, especially if no tracking was uploaded. Ebay gives you that protection to get your money back, but you HAVE to do it within the timeframe given. If you paid via Paypal, then you have 180 days to open the same case, so if you missed the deadline on Ebay, go to Paypal now and open the case from there.

Plenty senior citizens use Ebay, so I don't understand why you can't follow up on your own money at the age of 84? You've got a high feedback score as a buyer and you obviously use Ebay regularly, so I'm not quite sure what your age has to do with it as you know your way around purchasing. 

Ebay gives you the tools to sort this out but they cannot help you if you don't use them in a timely manner.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply