FAKE SSD DRIVES

Ok, we need to stop these idiots from selling these fake-capacity SSD drives.

They will read like these have the capacity, but operate to fail that capacity or fail completely.

Look out for 30TB - 16TB SSD drives - if this was even real, you wouldn't be able to get this under $10K and

$3-5K in a real marketplace. There is nowhere on earth you can get the above capacities for under $100.00 

Example of a legit SSD M.2 - Corsair MP400 8TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD = $1400.00

Anyway, hope this will help some people.

Remember if it looks too good to be true, don't buy it, research it.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

FAKE SSD DRIVES

You are not allowed to name and shame on these boards.  Mod will be along shortly to delete those you have named.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

The problem is that people WILL still continue to buy items that are well below RRP and can't possibly be genuine (or have the qualities or capacity stated).

Sometimes I feel as though I'm shouting into the wind when I post about not buying electronic items from Chinese eBay sellers, or warning about "too good to be true" being indeed too good to be true.

The only reason that these cheap fakes and knockoffs are still being made and listed are because people are greedy enough or naïve enough to think that for some reason, they can get genuine items or items of the same quality at an unrealistic price. One can be a nice person with wonderful qualities but still have that greed factor for an unreasonable bargain... or have that naïveté which still believes in the Unrealistic Bargain Price Fairy.

All right... yes, very very very occasionally there can be a genuine bargain. (Genuine Rembrandt lying undiscovered and almost unrecognisable in a barn, somewhere, with the owners not realising what a treasure they have?) But we're talking blue moons here. When there's a proliferation of fakes on eBay (as there are), being sold by sellers who are certainly not authorised resellers/dealers of those brands, and the price is significantly lower than RRP, and especially if the seller is registered overseas (e.g., China), the fallback position is "FAKE".

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

I'm not sure you will achieve your aim as this is only a smallish board. There are a number of regulars who look in and others who come and post, never to be seen again (not even sure they see the replies). Those who are regulars probably would not buy those items from the sellers you mentioned in a fit.

I agree with you that it would be great if a lot of those sorts of ads were just pulled down or that certain categories of items could not be sold from China but that's not going to happen as I am sure they make a fair bit of money for ebay.

Ebay in a lot of ways is a riskier online sales site than many others, in that the buyer isn't dealing direct with ebay but with thousands of unknown sellers, so it really is a case of buyer beware.

I think if you stick around the boards long enough, you'll read posts from buyers complaining of just the sort of thing you mentioned but also others complaining about grossly overpriced items (I think one example was a coin that the poster said was worth face value but was being listed for hundreds of dollars) and a load of people who buy all sorts of items, only to later find the 'warranty' is useless.

Buyers really need to take care what they buy and who they buy from on ebay but some just won't. You can only look after yourself and immediate family and friends, I am afraid.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

Once upon a time, ebay was basically an online garage sale, where people would list items cheap to get rid of them. It was known as somewhere where you could get a bargain. And you could get a good bargain. That is no longer the case and hasn't been for a long, long time. Yet, so many still see it as being that place, so if they see something that would normally retail at $2,000 and they can get it for $25, BONANAZA! They don't realise they are buying a cheap Chinese knock off fake, until they get it, IF they get it, then it's everyone else's fault but their own because they bought rubbish.

You will never get through to those people, so while your post was very well intentioned, those people will take zero notice, because they still see this place as a bargain garage sale, when in reality, it's an online marketplace where pretty much everything is listed at B&M RRP, or sometimes more............unless it's a fake. The Chinese know this, which is why they prey on these people............and are very successful at doing so. They know there is one born every minute.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

They don't realise they are buying a cheap Chinese knock off fake.............

But surely it couldn't be a fake if the item location is Regents Park could it ????  😂🤣😂

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

Scammers always prey on gullible people... people who believe they can find something 99% off on eBay, or a car bargain on FB, or people who believe that the first person who calls them claiming to be eBay is really an eBay representative. They even believe it is eBay when they receive an email from an email address that is a jumble of letters if the sender claims to be eBay.

Sadly, it is these gullible people who allow scams to stay alive.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

At least the location is closer to most people now. 😂 Wasn't it Darwin in the past?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

@papermoon.lady wrote:

At least the location is closer to most people now. 😂 Wasn't it Darwin in the past?

Chullora and Botany feature highly. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

FAKE SSD DRIVES

Watch out for these fake 30TB SSD drives, they actually contain a 64GB MicroSD card:

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply