Fake sellers

Ive found some sellers with alot of feedback, but the items were severely overpriced and completely random.
Then you see their feedback from the buyers, and the buyers are themselves doing the same thing.
You can follow a massive trail through feedback its crazy.

I have reported a bunch of the accounts but they are still up.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Fake sellers

If the sellers are registered in China, eBay will not touch them

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Fake sellers

@elemental5 wrote:

Ive found some sellers with alot of feedback, but the items were severely overpriced and completely random.

Possibly a drop shipper. If the items are too expensive, then why buy them? 

Then you see their feedback from the buyers, and the buyers are themselves doing the same thing.

You must have a lot of spare time on your hands ๐Ÿค”

Ebay isnโ€™t going to remove a seller because of one report. It would require hundreds of reports in a short period of time for them to even look at it. And not repeated reports from the same person, either! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The very best way to stop these sellers is to not support their business. Move along! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Fake sellers

@elemental5 wrote:

So what exactly do you think is happening? I do believe that shill bidding sometimes happens and that a few people could set things up to give each other amazing feedback so the sellers all looked legit and marvellous, with a reliable sales history. I get that.

To me, the main point of it would be to move beyond the stage where ebay has a hold on their sales money and then they could lure buyers for their items (which may not exist).

Or else, if they were legit sellers, to just give themselevs a more credible look so buyers were more likely to bid, especially if they were selling higher priced items.

But the thing is, most buyers are never going to bid for severely overpriced items, doesn't matter how good the feedback is. People will sometimes spend a little more for an item located in Australia, as to the same thing located overseas. But I don't know about 'severely overpriced'.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Fake sellers

Maybe they are talking about listings in the thousands and sometimes more for an item that is normally a fraction of that. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Fake sellers

@eol-products wrote:

Maybe they are talking about listings in the thousands and sometimes more for an item that is normally a fraction of that. 

I guess my question is what is the point?

To me, someone might do that if they were out of stock and didn't want anyone to buy an item in the meantime.

But p.pork is saying these severely overpriced items are selling with great feedback. And then they are doing it vice versa, or that was what I understood, I could have it wrong.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply