Faulty Products sold on Ebay

Cannot find where to get ebay to intervene in a seller not responding to a faulty return under a warranty. I have followed the links but it does not give me a link. Seller is sending me the same message over and over again and not dealing with this issue. The item I purchased was a gaming keyboard for $145.00, it is faulty. No customer support and from ebay or the seller. Where to from here?   

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When did you buy the keyboard?

If you recently bought it and it was faulty upon arrival, you can claim under ebay with an item not as described type claim. That should see you get your money back. You don't have to go through the seller to launch such a claim but you need to do it within 30 days of  receiving the product.

But.. it is sounding as if you may have bought it some time ago if you are referring to making a warranty claim.

Ebay will not intervene, may as well save your time looking for links etc

Ebay doesn't stand behind any seller's claims of a warranty and quite often the warranty is useless. That's especially true if you bought from an overseas seller.

Unless you buy from a retail store or a retail store selling online or on ebay, your chances of having a seller honour a warranty are not great.

Your only other avenue is paypal where you can make a claim for up to 180 days but again, making a warranty claim may not get you anywhere.

Basically, you'll most likely have to put this down to experience. There are some thing best bought elsewhere & not on ebay and anything where a warranty matters comes into that category.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lynsh84
Community Member

Are you sure that you have the right seller?   I can't find him using an advanced search.

If he is registered overseas you have no chance of getting satisfaction under a warranty claim and very little chance with a seller in Australia unless you involve the Authorities in your state......Fair Trading etc.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Could not find the seller either 

BUT as already said, unless they are an authorised  seller/re-seller of the item AND registered in Australia, there is zero warranty regardless of what the ad 'said' 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If it's the seller with pc in the name then they have terrible feedback and some of it for faulty items.

And the purchase would have been more than 6 months ago so you are out of options to opening a case.

Chalk it up as lesson learnt and only buy from big name stores to get a genuine warranty.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Warranties on Ebay are useless unless offered by a domestic big brand seller based in Australia.

Sellers, both domestic and overseas, can put any warranty information they want to on a listing. Chinese sellers are notorious for this, knowing that there is absolutely no way a buyer can make a warranty claim against them.

Ebay cannot monitor billions of listings worldwide for genuine warranty offers, so it is up to the buyer to evaluate the seller in several different ways.

1) Where is the seller REGISTERED? You can see this information on their feedback page.

2) What is the seller feedback like? Anything less than 99.8% on a high volume seller can be risky.

3) What are the issues buyers have complained about in their feedback

The best way to protect yourself it to purchase domestically from a proper big brand store, otherwise it's "caveat emptor".

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply