Freight Price Gouging by Seller

I am buying this Mannequin for $268 from this seller and it stated on the Ad that shipping was $30 to Sydney as they are shipping from Melbourne.

But it is one of these "Commit to Buy" sales before they give you the updated invoice with the shipping fee included.

But it stated on the Ad in big red letters it was $30 to Sydney.

So after a day waiting on a response they finally tell me the shipping fee is now $60 to Sydney.

I responded asking why are you stating on your Ad that it's $30 and now after I committed to buy that it is $60, and there response was in there words, "because they are old rate couple years ago, customer just refresh the page".

And now after I confronted him about it he changed to price to $60 on the Ad and this was after I committed to buy it, but if you look on his other Ads he hasn't changed the shipping fee.

And if that was an old rate from a couple of years ago you would have thought they would have updated it by now to the new rates, and I checked a lot of his other Ads and they all say Sydney $30 delivery.

Personally I think this is the "Rip Me Off" freight rate and I probably won't end up paying for this item, even if it means I get a strike against me as I won't be blatantly ripped off on postage by someone to lazy to update his postal charges.

And if I did buy it he would automatically get a "Negative" feedback" anyway just for being underhanded and trying to charge me more than was stated.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, the seller mentions shipping in the description, and the description has been changed today according to revisions of the listing.

Maybe you can try contacting eBay via live chat and explain the situation. They can see that the listing has been changed, and how.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I messaged the seller explaining that I thought it was not on to change the extra postage cost of $60 after stating a different price on the Ad and that I won't be paying for it and that they need to cancel the order.

If they were nasty and didn't want to cancel it I would have taken it up with Ebay, but in the end they cancelled the order.

(....and I really wanted that mannequin to, for my Darth Vader)   sniff :'(  lol

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I despise sellers who pull stunts like this. I would always leave appropriate feedback for bait and switch tactics.

Check around on FB marketplace and Gumtree too - they always have this type of thing popping up.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply