Full Refund Not Received When Due

I don't know if anyone has any advice here... I am the buyer.

Item arrived at the end of January damaged and also not as described.  Seller described the product as brand new when it was clearly used, and broken.  Fought with with seller over the return for 3 days, copying and pasting ebay policy into the messages.  Included him accusing me of fraudulently swapping out a damaged product for his good product.  Seller finally agreed to a return just before the time period would be available for me to request ebay to step in and make a decision.  I shipped the product back using a seller paid label.  On the day it arrived back at the seller's location, he asks ebay to step in and make a decision on the return.  ebay of course follows their policy and says I (buyer) am correct to receive a full refund.

Here's the problem.  The item cost $274 including shipping.  I was refunded $212 to my credit card from the paypal account of the seller.  I've used the "ebay call me" feature and talked to 4 different people, spaced out over 3 day increments asking where my remaining $62 is.  The last guy tells me that the $62 is a combination of seller fees and tax which is refunded from ebay and not the seller.  He also said that ebay's computer had a "glitch" with regard to the refund and he would send an email to another department where they would immediately issue a refund.  That was last Friday, it's now Wednesday.

I'm at the end of my patience.  It's been 2 weeks of back and forth with ebay and no sign of the remaining $62.  Any advice out there?  Do I just keep having ebay call me and plead my case?  Is there a way to escalate this?  I don't want to turn to my credit card buyer protection and violate the ebay buyer protection policy, but i'm not sure what else to do.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Full Refund Not Received When Due

You are posting this on the Australian boards, you would probably be better off asking your question on the US boards as policies can be different between countries.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply