GSP import charges question

Is the mentioned import charge on a GSP listing the GST? Or is that charged as an additional amount? I know it’s higher than 10% with fees etc but wanting to check I’m up for item cost, postage as listed and that the import charge includes gst (as opposed to gst added to that as well). Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's possible but it's also possible the item carries import duties due to the type of item it is seperate to the GST.

If the listing has Immediate payment set, then you can select Buy it now and look at the next checkout page before committing to buy.

It's good chance it will be GST with the GSP charging a fee to collect the GST.

I think in total the charges are around 12-14% when the GSP collects the GST.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It’s not something that would attract any other type of import duty. Just gst. I tried to look it up but their policy is very unclear and links to other parts of the policy don’t tell me what I need to know. Was looking for a list of ineligible items too and couldn’t find it.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

GSP do charge a fee for collecting GST.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just put it in the cart and it'll show all the charges. You don't have to commit to buy, just use the cart to check. I use it for all sorts of things.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Putting in the cart doesn’t work for auctions unfortunately
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The charges would show the same on a BIN item as they would on an auction if they're both GSP items, so put a BIN item in the cart and see whether the figure changes or stays the same.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply