GSP within Europe

Hello all,

i am a long time buyer/seller on eBay from Greece and wanted to ask you all.

Recently I purchased an item from the UK and noticed although the purchase is writhing the EU GSP was used.

That was strange but most frustrating was that I was charged 16 pounds for a delivery in two weeks from purchase when Royal Mail charges 8 to 10 pounds and delivers in half the time.

Has the seller overcharged or is eBay/PB getting all the money ?

Lastly for domestic tracking I get an 8k...... Tracking number, that's not Royal Mail anybody knows what this is?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

GSP within Europe

You're posting on the Australian forums, but the answer should be the same. GSP always charge more than Royal Mail. Sometimes the price difference is a LOT. The GSP is also notoriously slow because the item travels to multiple locations before reaching you. The seller doesn't set the price for postage, the GSP does. The seller doesn't get any of that money, only the purchase price of the item.

As for tracking, as the item travels along its way, you will receive multiple tracking numbers until it reaches you. Best thing to do in future is avoid sellers who use the GSP!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

GSP within Europe

Thanks a lot.

But this doesn't make a lot of sense, they do increase their delivery span, but for anything priced at 30£ or less for destinations like Greece shipping is just too steep, so it's a tough sale.

Anyway, moving on.

Pavlos

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

GSP within Europe

No idea.

But, as mentioned, you are on the AUSTRALIAN board.

An island continent between the Indian and Pacific oceans. South of the equator. 15,000 kilometres from Greece. Not part of Europe.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

GSP within Europe

Not part of Europe.

For which you should be eternally grateful lol

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply