Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Gameboy Games

why? what happened?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

Lots of fakes from Asia, making up the bulk of the gameboy game listings.

I'm guessing that is the problem.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

A friend was scammed last week on 5 games being sold in one package - the items didn't turn up and they are now negotiating with paypal for a refund.

That seller has been shut down.

Similar items are now being resold multiple times by a different seller who only just joined facebook a few days ago.

There is customer feedback but it appears to be fake.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

tstore
Community Member
So you are saying because of one sale which has gone bad that for an entire category of items people should be warned. A seller last month sent me a music CD which did not come. So everyone beware of anyone selling music CDs! Yes, all the millions of unique sellers ...

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

tstore
Community Member
PS Pokemon Gameboy games are the highest sold (by quantity) Game Boy games. Which means there would be hundreds if not thousands of unique sellers selling them at any given time.

If the item did not arrive and the seller cannot provide proof of shipment then your friend will be refunded fully. Glad they used a safe payment method too.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

My friend was new to ebay - they did not understand to look at the customer feedback or the history of the seller and how important this was. I think it is a good message to do this... that way you can avoid the scammers. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Gameboy Games

Pretty much every Pokemon gameboy cart that is listed without manuals and packaging, or with flat packed box only, is a fake - especially if it is from Hing Kong , China etc. I would also avoid any seller who has multiples of the same loose cartridges, as this indicates they are buying and selling fakes.

This has been going on for years, the collectors will still pay good money for the original Pokemon games as they are almost impossible to buy on any other platform.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply