Gee how bad is ebay going ,,

Gee ripped off with dna test ,, Ebay refuse to assist because longer than 30 days ,, Ebay really hard to contact ,, Paid $190 on ebay ,, Do not trust ebay guarantee  ,, 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you want a refund?   What is wrong with the item?

Why do you think ebay should help you if you leave it longer than the 30 day cutoff time?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

All the guarantees in the world do nothing if someone chooses to ignore the rules/process/time limits

There is a help tab at the top and bottom of every page to contact eBay

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@johglyd-0 wrote
:

Gee ripped off with dna test ,, Ebay refuse to assist because longer than 30 days ,, Ebay really hard to contact ,, Paid $190 on ebay ,, Do not trust ebay guarantee  ,, 

Hi, was this a service with a DNA sample kit for sale on eBay?

Is this a case of the results coming back too late or you don't trust them?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Hi, with all due respect I think all buyers on eBay should read the procedures and protocols.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buy-now/buying-works?id=4002

4channel asked if you were unhappy with the timeliness of the result ? or with the item ?

If it is that the physical item has not been received you can open a case to resolve this depending how you paid fo it, check out the link

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Past the date, by the looks, kat.

Of course that's eBay's fault...

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Oh dear, must admit I didn't even look [lazy]

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@johglyd-0 wrote:

You say you got ripped off with a dna test. What do you mean exactly? Did the DNA test not arrive at all? Was it faulty or did it fail to work?

Or do you just feel you paid too much? (If this latter case, then that is not an ebay problem as the time for getting price quotes etc is before you buy.)

Just about every guarantee or warranty in the world has a time limit on it. Ebay is not different in that respect.

You can try paypal, provided you paid that way and you haven't left it for over 6 months. Also depends on what the problem is.

This is an aside, just in ase you come back to the boards. What type of dna test were you after and was it for medical or genealogical purposes.

The reason I ask is because ebay is probably not the ideal plce to purchase something like this. If you're after a very general dna tes for family history purposes, ancestry dna test kits are not much more than half the price of what you paid (when on special).

But whatever dna test you are after, I would say you are probably better to deal with the company directly.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ah with all due respect ,, If the seller is aware of the 30 day {ebay no longer interested ] period ,, Just delay ,, Ebay will not be interested ,, Messages processed overseas ,, Really dissapointed in EBAY and there responce ,, The main reason I buy on ebay is the security ebay will back you up ,, Anyway give up on this purchase ,, Lost $200 dollars 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Why have you not opened a claim in Paypal.  They give you 180 days.  Check all options before weriting it off.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply