Getting bombarded with offers on items in my Watch lost

Can eBay please disable this ?? Just because I have an item in my watch list doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. I find this very rude and annoying and every time a seller hassles me with an offer I will delete it from my watch list and they lose out.

Please disable it !!
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sorry that's mean to be List not Lost.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay don't read here. I think you'll just have to learn to ignore it. Look at it from the seller's point of view - they often get annoyed by watchers never doing anything.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I always have things on my watch list

I have NEVER had an offer from a SELLER. Auto messages from eBay, yes but never from a seller

Surprised to learn a seller would even know what any potential buyer has in the watch list....maybe it is a new thing 

As mentioned, nobody here can disable it for you, any more than you could do it for another buyer

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

It's been discussed before and has been around a while now. Sellers can make offers to people who have the item on their watchlist, but they don't know who the buyers are.

I've had a couple of offers pretty soon after I put things on my watchlist, which tells me they were pretty desperate. They may as well have just lowered the price and not bothered with the offers to watchers.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Yes it's been around for some time.

And if you select active listings then all the watchers a seller can send offers to has a big blue button.

I find it usefull.

Have had some sales using it and yesterday I received an offer for some car hub bearings I've had in the watchlist.

Normally 325, they sent an offer of 234, that's a decent discount. Thank you very much. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem with offers, i love it. Always get a bargain. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I like offers as well. Tells me a seller is willing to negotiate on price. And the sooner after listing the offer comes through, the more negotiable I find the price tends to be!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I've been sent offers for items on my watch list.  Some I have ignored, but one I received was for a scarce collectable item - I think it was around 17% off - and I jumped at the chance to get it cheaper than the listed price.

I've seen another very rare item and the seller has activated the make an offer option.  Tricky.  If a seller sends an offer then I know how much they are willing to knock off the advertised price.  If I have to make an offer (especially for a rare item) it's much harder to decide what to do.  The item is expensive for what it is, and I don't want to insult the seller with a too low offer so at the moment I just can't decide.  I'd love to own it but right now it would almost be a relief if someone beat me to it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@maddimasonau wrote:
Can eBay please disable this ?? Just because I have an item in my watch list doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. I find this very rude and annoying and every time a seller hassles me with an offer I will delete it from my watch list and they lose out.

Please disable it !!

How do they lose out if you weren't going to buy it?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply