Getting bombarded with offers on items in my Watch lost

Can eBay please disable this ?? Just because I have an item in my watch list doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. I find this very rude and annoying and every time a seller hassles me with an offer I will delete it from my watch list and they lose out.

Please disable it !!
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Getting bombarded with offers on items in my Watch lost

Bear, sweetie, you forgot to mention that eBay don't read here! Oh, oooops, wrong ID 😄

I don't have best offer on my listings, but I did decide last week to utilise the send offer to watchers thingy. No one took up the offer. So, with the promo last weekend, I ended my listings and relisted them. My items are no longer on their watch list. 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Yes it's been around for some time.

And if you select active listings then all the watchers a seller can send offers to has a big blue button.

I find it usefull.

Have had some sales using it and yesterday I received an offer for some car hub bearings I've had in the watchlist.

Normally 325, they sent an offer of 234, that's a decent discount. Thank you very much. Smiley Very Happy

Sadly the items in my watch list don't get me any good offers,usually $10 off on a $200 item so I just remove those items with those silly offers.

Sellers must realize that I'm just the competition!

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

And if you select active listings then all the watchers a seller can send offers to has a big blue button.

I find it usefull.

Have had some sales using it and yesterday I received an offer for some car hub bearings I've had in the watchlist.

Normally 325, they sent an offer of 234, that's a decent discount. Thank you very much. Smiley Very Happy

Sadly the items in my watch list don't get me any good offers,usually $10 off on a $200 item so I just remove those items with those silly offers.

5% discount? Maybe if you didn't stalk your competitiors you'd get reasonable offers.

I don't do it. My prices are already, in all but a few instances, what I want for the item. I'm not desperate enough to sell for peanuts or a loss.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I find it usefull.

5% discount? Maybe if you didn't stalk your competitiors you'd get reasonable offers.

I don't do it. My prices are already, in all but a few instances, what I want for the item. I'm not desperate enough to sell for peanuts or a loss.

Um excuse me I watch I do not stalk other wise it would be called I'm a stalker list.

I agree with not selling for peanuts so the point is mute and a low ball offer shouldn't be offered at all.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Um excuse me I watch I do not stalk other wise it would be called I'm a stalker list.

In my My ebay it is      _Stalk_.gif

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

I've been sent offers for items on my watch list.  Some I have ignored, but one I received was for a scarce collectable item - I think it was around 17% off - and I jumped at the chance to get it cheaper than the listed price.

I've seen another very rare item and the seller has activated the make an offer option.  Tricky.  If a seller sends an offer then I know how much they are willing to knock off the advertised price.  If I have to make an offer (especially for a rare item) it's much harder to decide what to do.  The item is expensive for what it is, and I don't want to insult the seller with a too low offer so at the moment I just can't decide.  I'd love to own it but right now it would almost be a relief if someone beat me to it. Smiley Happy

I took the plunge and made an offer.   Prior to that I also did a bit of research - looked at the seller's revisions for the item and also on WatchCount I checked to see how many other watchers there are (only one plus me it seems).  I also included a note to the seller why I had decided on the offer amount.

To my delight the offer has been accepted!  I've paid for it and I am really looking forward to receiving it.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply