Getting my goods or refund

I am having trouble with a seller. He keeps promising to send goods or refund me (5 times) but still nothing I had a dispute open and they asked me to close it and they would send the goods.

As the dispute is closed I am having trouble contacting Ebey to rectify this for me. Can anyone tell me how to contact ebay please.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That is the thing

Once a dispute is closed, it cannot be re-opened

The seller knew this and had no intention of sending anything

Since you closed the case, eBay consider you are happy with the outcome

I don't know if you can try PayPal if you have'nt already, or if you paid that way?

In future, if you need to open a case for anything. do not close it 'on the seller's say so' until you are happy

There is nothing stopping them doing the right thing with a case open

If they say otherwise, you know they are dodgy as

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Why would you believe they would send the goods simply because you opened a case if they didn't send them the first time around? Ebay cannot "rectify" anything because YOU closed the case upon the sellers request. They also cannot force a seller to be honest or even send the item.

In future, if you open a case, never close it just because a seller requests it. Rather get your money back and then decide what to do - preferably find another seller.

Also, did you check the sellers feedback - were there any red flags prior to purchasing? 

You can open a case in Paypal as you have 180 days, and whatever you do DO NOT close it until you have a proper resolution. If you do open a case there, just keep it short and simple - you do not need to give them a whole paragraph on the behaviour of the seller. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply