Global Shipping - Thieves by any other name.

Quite apart from the usurious costs for delivery levied by the Global Shipping program it’s quite apparent that they aren’t above outright thievery.

Recently purchased an item which arrived in Erlanger five days ago, was immediately marked as being delayed at that location and this evening received notification that the purchased item was a “Restricted Item” which would neither be sent on to me nor returned to the buyer.

The “Restricted Item”?  A ladies watch.  Dead battery so there’s none of the usual claptrap that they’ve tried on before by claiming potential fire risk.

Appeal?  Impossible.  No possible way to actually contact eBay or the GSP criminals.

This’ll be the third watch that’s been stolen by them over the years for the most asinine, illogical reasons.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Don't buy from sellers who use the GSP. 

Alternatively, write to the seller and ask if they would kindly avoid the service. Most of them aren't even aware of what it entails once they send the item on its way.

Be aware that there are massive postal issues from the USA to Australia, with major suspensions currently in force.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

You can ask seller to please ship by another method if possible.

Below is the elmih22 formula.

-----------------------------------------------------

How to opt out of global shipping program

elmih22 

Guide

07-10-2013 12:42 AM

You CAN opt out of the Global Shipping Program.

Go to:

My eBay > My account > Site Preferences > Shipping preferences > EDIT > click 'yes' on 'opt out of the GSP > you will get this:

'You successfully opted out of the Global Shipping Program'.

Also you can 'check' the countries/continents where you do NOT want to ship to. You can check all the places you do NOT want to ship to, besides countries/continents - like PO Boxes, etc.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/How-to-opt-out-of-global-shipping-progra...

-----------------------------------------------------

That may be an option. Most sellers happy to change.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@4channel

the elmih22 post you include in your post is from 2013.

Have you checked to see if anything has changed in the last 8-1/2 years?

The info you have posted may be out of date!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Oh for the love of Jesus….. please post the ‘most current’ info. 

I need some wine to cope with this…. 
Hmmmm….. where is Jesus atm? 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Timely ' advice ' - again. 🙄

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@janeababe    wrOte:

Oh for the love of Jesus….. please post the ‘most current’ info. 

I need some wine to cope with this…. 
Hmmmm….. where is Jesus atm? 😉

---------------------------------------------------

Reply, himm. Hello janeababe? The elmih22 formula is an oldie but goodie It is still used to success I believe. One other member here posts it as if it were their formula on occasion. 

BTW: As of last year the elmih22 formula was used

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Reply, himm.

This so called ' formula ' - advice comes a little late for this item. 

It's Restricted for good reason.

The Risks. There is always a risk associated with any battery. Old batteries can explode, leak, release harmful gases or, as we have seen, catch fire. While the battery may be small, no bigger than a coin, its impact can be enormous.

Australia Post cannot accept lithium batteries or devices containing lithium batteries for mailing overseas or for domestic air carriage. ... Such items will be carried in the mail by road transport only within Australia via Australia Post's parcels service.

Any more irrelevant advice. ???

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

repentatleisure1952_0-1644546002685.png

Stop posting facts.😀

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Since when was posting advice considered a formula?

I think he was meaning me when he said  'One other member here posts it as if it were their formula on occasion.'

I haven't shared that advice for a few years now, not knowing if it was still applicable or not.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply