Global Shipping disaster

This new program in the UK and the US is a disaster. It routinely charges 200% or 300% of the usual cost and it's very difficult to get round. I've been badly stung twice with purchases from the UK and now I won't buy items that are sent by Global Shipping - and it's not as though the seller gets the money. If it was some random seller not on ebay you'd think it was a scam, it's so outrageous.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Global Shipping disaster

Yep!

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

You've got my curiosity; how do you get "stung"?

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

stung = ripped off.

How does the GS work in the UK, do they have their own distribtion centre?

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, I noticed the other day that the UK now has Global Shipping.

Does anyone know who is running the show in the UK and who is the courier delivering to Australia?

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

Found myself locked into paying 2 or 3 times the regular postage and no way of negotiating it, as it's the system that does it, not the seller. I contacted ebay 'support' for help and after speaking to 4 different people over 2 days, the best they could offer was to cancel the transaction and start again without GS. Both the seller and I were very, very unimpressed.

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

So you're saying that you're shown one price pre-sale, and a different price post-sale?
Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

No, it doesn't show you the shipping price pre-sale (because the seller only opted for within UK), and then when you've bought it you can't request a total, it just decides what the total is and you're locked in. It's pay or cancel. And it opts for 'International Priority', the most expensive option.

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

Ah, so you're saying that if the postage price isn't visible prior to purchase, don't go ahead. Sounds like a plan.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Global Shipping disaster

Just don't buy anything that's using GS - you can see that info on the listing. "This will be sent by Global Shipping".

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply