Global Shipping

Hi,

Has anyone bought an item from overseas, the seller uses Global Shipping to send it, you track the item and then it is marked as delivered.

I have been home all day today and no one has come to deliver the package but in ebay it says it has been delivered tomorrow, Saturday, 10 September.  It's only Friday evening around 8pm and the date is 9 September. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping

@susangae wrote:

Global shipping is something ebay have brought in so that sellers can send items internationally and the buyer is supposed to not have to pay any further fees like excise and GST on the item as it is paid in the postal charges.  Its also tracked postage.

That remark was tongue-in-cheek by SLR, he's very much aware of what the GSP is.

The "delivered" remark by them is quite likely the delivery to their warehouse in the UK, that's the way they operate in the USA. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Global Shipping

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you sure it is marked as being delivered in Australia?

How long since you paid for the item and when was it marked as being sent by the seller?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

@susangae wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone bought an item from overseas, the seller uses Global Shipping to send it,  

Global Shipping?  What is that?

Spoiler
sorry, just my Friday night sense of humour coming out  Smiley LOL
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

Hi,

The seller in the UK confirmed the item was sent on 30 August.

Global Shipping sent me an email confirming they received and shipped the item on 2 September.

I have now received an email from Global Shipping stating that the item has been delivered and it is marked in my purchase items as being delivered. 

I don't have it.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

Global shipping is something ebay have brought in so that sellers can send items internationally and the buyer is supposed to not have to pay any further fees like excise and GST on the item as it is paid in the postal charges.  Its also tracked postage.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

@susangae wrote:

That remark was tongue-in-cheek by SLR, he's very much aware of what the GSP is.

The "delivered" remark by them is quite likely the delivery to their warehouse in the UK, that's the way they operate in the USA. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

I understand what you're saying but it is saying its been delivered in Australia.

The problem is you can't contact them to ask a question.  They hide and don't want to know you but they're happy to take your money.

I'll go down to the Post Office tomorrow morning and see what they say.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

Probably not much point. The GSP uses couriers, I believe.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

susan, try this tracking service, they might get results for you.

http://www.17track.net/en 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Global Shipping

@susangae wrote:

That is not quite right.

If the item attracts GST and import fees you will be charged those as well as the very expensive shipping charges....they are not incuded in the postage.   The actual shipping ony covers the courier charges and the preparation of the import documentation.

If the package was only posted in the UK on the 2nd September it is unlikely to have arrived here, cleared Customs and been delivered in Australia.

Are you sure it is not tracking as being in Australia and awaiting delivery?

I believe the UK uses wnDirect....ring them to find out where your item is.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply