HAS ANYBODY USED GLOBLE SHIPPING COMPANY? I AM STILL WAITING ON MY PARCEL AFTER MESSAGE 10 TIMES EBA

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE E-BAY REGARDING FLOLLOW UP ON PARC EL LOST. TO THIS DAY I AM STILL WAITING ON MY PARCEL, THEY COULDNT SEND TO MY PO BOX ADDRESS (ITS AN AUSTRALIAN POST OFFICE ) OTHER PARCELS GET SENT TO IT ,BUT FOR SOME REASON EBAY HAS TROUBLE . HAVE HAD 10 DIFFERENT MESSAGES WITH WHERE THE PARCEL IS. ITS LOST AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN. I PAID FOR IT AND THE SELLER HAVE THE MONEY ....E-BAY RUNS A CROCK SERVICE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE , THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY LET SELLERS RIP CUSTOMERS OFF. I CAN SAY NEVER GAIN WILL I SHOP WITH THIS COMPANT EBAY. NO MORE HAND OUTS 

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

HAS ANYBODY USED GLOBLE SHIPPING COMPANY? I AM STILL WAITING ON MY PARCEL AFTER MESSAGE 10 TIMES EBA

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Firstly, all caps is shouting.

GSP won't deliver to PO boxes.  That is in the T & C's - para 11

The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box)............

https://pages.ebay.com.au/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Nobody here likes the GSP, and there are plenty of threads already about how bad it is.

Use it or don't use it, but do reseach first is my advice.

Personally, I won't use it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

HAS ANYBODY USED GLOBLE SHIPPING COMPANY?

Yes.

image host
Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

"HAS ANYBODY USED GLOBLE SHIPPING COMPANY?"

Yes, I have a couple of times when it first came out and didn't have any problems, apart from the slow delivery - which is common with the GSP.

You might like to have a look at the thread below.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-put-into-perspective/td-p/2165256/pa...

As has been said, using caps is considered both rude and signifies shouting at us..........................and we are just members like yourself here, eBay doesn't read the threads on the boards

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

I have, multiple times.

The GSP items I have bought got here within a reasonable amount of time.  Some even got to me in country Victoria quicker than mail from Sydney!

I have curtailed my eBay buying and spending in recent times, but would not hesitate buying items that ship via GSP if the costs came within my total spend for the items I wanted.

Also, I have had success in getting sellers to use alternate shipping methods, and have had items sent to a person in the USA who then forwards the item/s to me via USPS.

Don’t panic about the replies you have received so far, sympathetic posters will be along later to offer a shoulder to you.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Don’t panic about the replies you have received so far, sympathetic posters will be along later to offer a shoulder to you.

200.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

The GSP can be very slow so don't write the parcel off yet.

Unfortunately I've had to use it recently to get an out of print item, and so far my purchase seems to be sitting at Pitney Bowes taking a holiday.  Sigh. 

The tricky part is trying to track parcels, when you can't know for sure who is handling it after PB.  Fedex, Aust Post or a combination of both is what I experienced the last (and until now only) time I used the GSP.  And here we go again.....

To the OP, try every parcel/consignment/tracking number you've been given and not just at Pitney Bowes or Aust Post, to find out where your parcel is.  There's Fedex US, Fedex AU, 17 Track and maybe even DHL or other tracking sites.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

FedEx is the international carrier bringing the item to Australia.

Australia Post only comes into it after the item has cleared Customs and been delivered to the FedEx depot at Matraville.

If FedEx is not delivering your item theywill often send it as an eParcel through AP....the sender shows as FedEx, not your original seller.

DHL has nothing to do with FedEx so don't waste time trying to track GSP items on their site.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

I have, multiple times.

The GSP items I have bought got here within a reasonable amount of time.  Some even got to me in country Victoria quicker than mail from Sydney!

I have curtailed my eBay buying and spending in recent times, but would not hesitate buying items that ship via GSP if the costs came within my total spend for the items I wanted.

Also, I have had success in getting sellers to use alternate shipping methods, and have had items sent to a person in the USA who then forwards the item/s to me via USPS.

Sympathy can be a good thing and I sympthise with anyone who has a nasty experience with the GSP which is many. Also glad yous have been OK so far. A kudo for you anyway just for recognising that there are sympathetic posters out there.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

@gtk-holdings wrote:

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE E-BAY REGARDING FLOLLOW UP ON PARC EL LOST. TO THIS DAY I AM STILL WAITING ON MY PARCEL, THEY COULDNT SEND TO MY PO BOX ADDRESS (ITS AN AUSTRALIAN POST OFFICE ) OTHER PARCELS GET SENT TO IT ,BUT FOR SOME REASON EBAY HAS TROUBLE . HAVE HAD 10 DIFFERENT MESSAGES WITH WHERE THE PARCEL IS. ITS LOST AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN. I PAID FOR IT AND THE SELLER HAVE THE MONEY ....E-BAY RUNS A CROCK SERVICE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE , THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY LET SELLERS RIP CUSTOMERS OFF. I CAN SAY NEVER GAIN WILL I SHOP WITH THIS COMPANT EBAY. NO MORE HAND OUTS 

Hi gtk-holdings, I'm saddened but not surprised to hear of your problem. I wouldn't know where to start with Global Shipping (Pitney Bowes). There have been so many nasty experiences with this so-called service. Life was so much easier and fun before it came into being. You know, if someone wanted to make a futuristic movie that was like George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four, this could be the shipping service used in that movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

I avoid GSP at every opportunity. Damage, theft and paying exorbitant amounts of money are some of the reasons.

It has taken me two days of correspndence to secure shipping with a very helpful seller. Postage has been reduced from around well over $90 to around $20. I always ask for USPS First Class International.

Let's just hope that we will always have a choice to have access to USPS and other cheaper services and not be coralled and forced into using a shipping service that wouldn't be out of place in an Orwellian-type horror movie. Or book! 

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply