HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN RIPPED OFF

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not me! 

But then I always do my research & pay via paypal to avoid being "ripped off".

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Same here. Do your homework, check sellers feedback, don't buy something that normally retails for a lot more and is being sold on here dirt cheap usually by a 0 feedback seller, read the item description carefully and pay by Paypal.

On my other ID over 1000 transactions and only one hiccup among the lot of them.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Well I did my homework. Checked Sellers FB, over 6000.

Purchased, item sent with tracking so good so far. Item marked as delivered to me last Friday which was a public holiday here, item was in fact NOT delivered.

I contact Seller who doesnt know what to do. I go to post office who refer me to a 13 number which I call, they refer me back to Sender/Seller. Seller offers no assistance, I then lodge a Paypal dispute and I lose as the Seller sent with tracking. I KNOW the Seller sent with tracking but I did NOT get the item.

I am out $95. No help from anyone.

I am very angry............:(

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Sound thoroughly like a carrier SNAFU, certainly not a Seller rip-off as the thread seems to imply.

I'd suggest a firmer approach with the carrier. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@covert_shopper5 wrote:

Well I did my homework. Checked Sellers FB, over 6000.

Purchased, item sent with tracking so good so far. Item marked as delivered to me last Friday which was a public holiday here, item was in fact NOT delivered.

I contact Seller who doesnt know what to do. I go to post office who refer me to a 13 number which I call, they refer me back to Sender/Seller. Seller offers no assistance, I then lodge a Paypal dispute and I lose as the Seller sent with tracking. I KNOW the Seller sent with tracking but I did NOT get the item.

I am out $95. No help from anyone.

I am very angry............:(

Did you fund your paypal payment with a credit card or Visa debit card?  If you did then ask your bank about a chargeback.  It ia all very well for the seller to have paypal protection but what about the poor old buyer....they lose their protection even though they have done nothing wrong.          

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Could you not phone Paypal and tell them that the day of the supposed delivery was in fact a public holiday in your area and there were no deliveries. Though I'm thinking if it was a courier company based out of area perhaps they were still delivering, and maybe delivered to wrong house?

Sorry, grasping at straws here.

What a pain.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal, I will have to check to see if it came out of my paypal balance or my debit card but thank you I didnt think of that.

At this point I will give anything a crack.

Was a gift of my Sisters favourite perfume as a thank you to her I think it was more disappointing that I didnt have it to give to her when she arrived. 

Thanks for your input Lyndal, really appreciate it. 🙂 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Grumpy cats  ( awesome ID btw lol).

I knew when I lodged paypal claim I probably wasnt going to get any joy, was hoping paypal would act in good faith but that was REALLY "clutching at straws" lol

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

OP has not returned..???

Need a little more information OP to be able to assist you.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply