HELP! Selected Click and Collect not working

I recently tried to select Click and Collect for an order and went to pay via Paypal. The confirmation screen before being redirected to Paypal showed the clear discounted price for click and collect. I proceeded with payment and then I get a confirmation that its been ordered for delivery?! I don't even live at the previously defaulted delivery address. I went to cancel and placed another order the same way and same thing! I've cancelled both orders within 5 minutes of purchasing but it seems like the store has prepared the order for shipment already. Everywhere I've read, it says I can request a refund as long as it hasn't been dispatched. However it says 3 business days for ebay to contact the seller which therefore means it will be dispatched by the time they're even aware!? No way to contact the ebay at all either?

What should I do?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

HELP! Selected Click and Collect not working

Although eBay will tell the buyer they can cancel within a short period of buying, really what they're saying is the buyer can cancel so long as the seller agrees to it.

For the seller it could well be an automated process where as soon as the item is paid for the dispatch department is advised that the item can be processed.

NEVER do what you've done and pay again until you have confirmation that the first order has been cancelled by the seller.

To add, confirm that the Click and Collect outlet still actually does that service, many have now opted out of it.

And also update your postage address BEFORE paying, it's too late once you've completed that process.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply