Having an issue with a seller

dylan44805
Community Member

So what's happen is last week i bought an item off someone i paid over $150+ for it and they have sent shipping and now has been sitting saying "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" and i know the US (im from australia) just had a holiday the seller is blaming it on the labor day shut and saying its delayed cause of that and i just got off the phone to a lady on she said the person has not dropped the package and only created a label and the sellers telling me that they did drop it off so im pretty annoyed could ebay fix this issue?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What do you think ebay can do?

Once the seller has created a postage label it is up to them to post the item.  The tracking will only update once the item is in the system and gets scanned.

Like all postal systems worldwide the USPS is very slow at present and they have huge backlogs which have probably been made worse by the holiday shutdown.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What do you think ebay can do?

Once the seller has created a postage label it is up to them to post the item.  The tracking will only update once the item is in the system and gets scanned.

Like all postal systems worldwide the USPS is very slow at present and they have huge backlogs which have probably been made worse by the holiday shutdown.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

What would you like eBay to do when they donโ€™t know anything about it?

How do you know  which person is telling the truth?

I do not know about in the US, but here, eBay consider the item is โ€˜postedโ€™ as soon as the label is created

Why do you not believe there was any delay from Labour Day?

in buying from overseas, you know you need to be very extra patient due to the massive delays around the word due to Coronavirus

How long ago did you buy it? You say last week, but Monday? Friday?

Was there a handling time on the listing? Is it still within that time?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@dylan44805 wrote:

So what's happen is last week i bought an item off someone i paid over $150+ for it and they have sent shipping and now has been sitting saying "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" and i know the US (im from australia) just had a holiday the seller is blaming it on the labor day shut and saying its delayed cause of that and i just got off the phone to a lady on she said the person has not dropped the package and only created a label and the sellers telling me that they did drop it off so im pretty annoyed could ebay fix this issue?

I'd look at it this way, they have created the shipping label. Now I know that doesn't mean they have delivered it to the PO, but they have printed off the label and presumably been charged for it, so I'd say they have the right intention.

And okay, maybe they printed it and the parcel has been sitting around in their home for a couple of days. You say there has been a public holiday, the PO was probably shut then.

Maybe they did drop it off just prior to messaging you, maybe they hadn't but were trying to soothe you and are actually planning to post within the next 24 hours or so.

No one likes sellers being a bit slow to post off items, but in the scheme of things, I'm guessing the seller doesn't think a day or so here or there will make much difference, and coming from US at the moment, it probably won't.

I'd be fairly confident you will eventually receive your item, but when you go to give feedback, you can always mark down the stars for postage if you feel they were really tardy posting it off.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Whilst I can't tell you whether or not they have posted it, just be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks or longer for your item to get to you.

I receive some mail from the US on a regular basis and it's taking at least that long to get to me, although the occasional piece gets through a little quicker.

Just keep an eye on the tracking, but as mentioned earlier, things are very slow at the moment and whilst your package may be in the system, it may take some time to get to its next "scan".

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Yeah it's like that. I still have stuff taking a month and a half to nearly two months to get to me. And then something else takes just ten days. All small and larger stuff it doesn't matter. You never know.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply