Help with returning an item

Hi , getting a bit confused with this new return system , bought an item , does not work as described ,

i messaged the seller a few times and they kept denying any problems so i opened a return case ,

now , not sure what to do next , the help page says

Pack the item carefully and send it back to the seller. You must return the item within five business days of requesting the return. 

but the return request says ,

•  Hang tight, you should hear from the seller soon.

what do i do? do i send it back or wait or the seller to respond first?

its been 2 days now with no response from the seller.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to follow the instructions on the return request page - that should relate to the current stage of your dispute.

A seller has 3 business days to respond to your request before you can ask eBay to step in.

Keep in mind that it is a very busy time of year for most people, you need to wait out this short period before you will be able to do anything further.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You need to follow the instructions on the return request page - that should relate to the current stage of your dispute.

A seller has 3 business days to respond to your request before you can ask eBay to step in.

Keep in mind that it is a very busy time of year for most people, you need to wait out this short period before you will be able to do anything further.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply