Helpful tool required - feedback on a particular item from seller - quality of materials, sizes etc.

As a buyer I would like to be able to read feedback on a particular item. True, if a seller is pushing rubbishy items most of the feedback will not be good. However, the item I want might just be a good good product. (Same if feedback is all good and you're not sure if it will continue to be for what you're looking at.) Let's face it, sellers have good items and not so good items. I just want to know about the item I want to buy as well as the sellers reputation. This would be a very useful tool.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Helpful tool required - feedback on a particular item from seller - quality of materials, sizes etc.

That function was discontinued by eBay, so it is unlikely they thought it was a useful tool or that they will reinstate it.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Go to the seller's fb page.  Scroll down and make the results 200 per page.

Then press F3 - that will bring up a box at the top of the page.

Type in the key word/s and hit enter.  The product you are looking for will

be highlighted.

Repeat for each page

F3.JPG

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

There you go.

Shows how much I buy. Or how much I want to waste time going into minute detail if I do.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

POETS Day Dave - cheers

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

POETS Day Dave - cheers

Oh, Padi's doing well on the Guinness, Kopes on the Schnapps and I'm not quite sure what the H you're up to Stalks.............................cheers

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Feedback is not actually meant to be used as a product review.

The distinction has been made even more clear, as now eBay has introduced a separate product review function.

Feedback related to product quality has its place in some circumtances, but overall FB is - at the very best - the most general of guides because a buyer has 80 characters to make a statement, usually wholly subjective and no room for context - some will leave glowing positives for rubbish quality because the seller's service was exemplary and they got exactly what they were expecting. Some buyers aren't happy with good quality stuff because they want premium quality for bargain basement prices.

To repeat something I said in an earlier thread: Use product reviews, wherever available, to determine if an item is worth buying. Use seller feedback to determine whether a seller is worth buying from. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

POETS Day Dave - cheers

Oh, Padi's doing well on the Guinness, Kopes on the Schnapps and I'm not quite sure what the H you're up to Stalks.............................cheers

Obviously, I'm on the flame thrower, Padi

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply