Hi eBay I have been given a birthday voucher for 10% discount. Can I use this on auction items? How?

My birthday is this week and I have just received an eBay email with a voucher for a discount, can I use this on Any item store wide and what about auction items ? Thank you for explaining to me how to use the voucher code in an auction !

sincerely a happy customer,

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi eBay I have been given a birthday voucher for 10% discount. Can I use this on auction items? How?

Hi Vad, you're not talking to eBay here, just other members like yourself who volunteer their time to help others. Vouchers should be able to be used across the board, regardless of whether it's a buy it now or auction. If you buy/win multiple items from one seller, wait until they send you an invoice with the combined postage costs, then you can apply the discount to the whole order, rather than just one item.

Don't forget to insert the code into the box when you go to pay by PayPal and apply it. There will be a box under the item prices. The price should change showing the discounted amount, with how much you are saving underneath.

If you go into PayPal at any stage, it will appear to you that you have paid the full amount, not the discounted amount. It will show the full amount as the seller still receives the full amount. It will show a breakdown of the transaction where you've paid $X amount and eBay/PayPal have paid the difference. I'm only including this as there have been quite a few buyers concerned that their voucher didn't work because it showed the full amount in PayPal.

Happy birthday!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Vad, you're not talking to eBay here, just other members like yourself who volunteer their time to help others. Vouchers should be able to be used across the board, regardless of whether it's a buy it now or auction. If you buy/win multiple items from one seller, wait until they send you an invoice with the combined postage costs, then you can apply the discount to the whole order, rather than just one item.

Don't forget to insert the code into the box when you go to pay by PayPal and apply it. There will be a box under the item prices. The price should change showing the discounted amount, with how much you are saving underneath.

If you go into PayPal at any stage, it will appear to you that you have paid the full amount, not the discounted amount. It will show the full amount as the seller still receives the full amount. It will show a breakdown of the transaction where you've paid $X amount and eBay/PayPal have paid the difference. I'm only including this as there have been quite a few buyers concerned that their voucher didn't work because it showed the full amount in PayPal.

Happy birthday!

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Not fair. I've never got a birthday voucher. Including this year.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

smlviolin.gif

Spoiler
It's because you don't deserve one ๐Ÿ˜„
Spoiler
I've never got one either.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

tonguehidingsmilie.gif

I know how I'll be celebrating YOUR birthday

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I never get a birthday voucher either,

My theory is that I buy too much on ebay anyway....they don't need to bribe me spend.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I think that the birthday voucher thingy is an under 35's gifty Woman Surprised

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I got one for my 55th Bday last Dec! First bday voucher I've ever had from Ebay! 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Under 55's then Woman LOL

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I didn't get one this week. But I am not 55 or under.

How are you redders?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply