Hot Sale Lattafa Asad 100ml

I saw the ad of Lattafa Asad 100ml claiming original on eBay so I checked the seller rating showing 100% positive so I tried to bought two bottle out of three. While waiting for the delivery which took 3 business days, there were a lot of sale happened but the ended advertisement shows different photos which were not related to Lattafa Asad replaced for the previous photos then I felt weird. When the bottles arrived, I checked and found out straight away that they were made in China (PRC). I made complaints to eBay but in vain. I returned on the next day and the eBay refunded 2 days after the return. The seller is still selling at cheap prices and many people bought them, may be thinking the perfumes are authentic UAE made. I gave negative feedback and the lowest rating but it disappeared just after 3 hours. I was surprised. My feedback is for people to be aware that the perfumes are China made, not authentic UAE perfumes. I don’t know how the feedback was removed and I cannot imagine how many people get annoyed by getting the fake items, returning the items, wasting time and being worried about the refund. But the lesson learnt is there is now a Chinese clone of Lattafa Asad. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Feedback will be removed by eBay if anything in it breeches policy

You say you left feedback to 'warn others' yet you, yourself constantly buy from sellers with very poor feedback, ignoring those warnings

There is no need to be 'worried about a refund' the buyer has all the power, if you do not get what was described, you open an item not as described dispute 

You say you 'made complaints to eBay' how did you do this?

Was this perfume from the seller registered in China?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If it is the seller with - hot sale - in the title - they are registered in China.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, ebay will sometimes remove feedback unexpectedly. I've had it happen to me and I am well aware of the terms & conditions & had even uploaded a photo to show the wear and tear on my item. So it can come as a surprise.

You have to be extremely careful what you say and I am guessing what got yours removed was that you wrote it was a fake item or not authentic.

And you know what? You're probably 100% right, but you can't say that, you can't accuse the seller of selling fakes unless you have proof, as ebay takes it as just your word against the seller's.

You did the right thing to check the seller's feedback rating before buying, but in future take it one step further. Always check the seller's location as well. Never rely on what the ad says about item location, check seller location. You can do it if you click on seller name or under the 'About' tab.

If the location is China, then you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that you'll be getting a look alike, not the real thing.

And if ever you need to make a claim, just state it wasn't as described in the ad.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You say cheap prices,   what else needs to be said really.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I think we regulars here in the forum know to be suspicious but part of the trouble is, ebay has had a barrage of ads on TV which show someone shocked at the cheap price a colleague paid for a new item, sneakers or whatever.

The inference is you can pick up things at fantastic, bargain prices on ebay.

There probably was a grain of truth in it back in the day, when most things were second hand and you could often pick them up at a fraction of the new cost, but those days are long gone, as we know.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply