How Long Does It Take For EBay To Review The Declaration I Sent Them?

desme-33
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I recently received a package that didn’t come as described so I requested a refund from EBay and I had to sign this declaration form however I did sign it and upload it about 1 - 2 days ago and they still haven’t replied or given me a refund. Does anyone know how long this usually takes?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No idea sorry, I have never heard of such a process for an item not as described

Firstly, eBay do not sell anything

Not heard of a buyer having to sign a declaration (unless maybe they have opened a very very very high number of disputes)

If you get an item not as described, you contact the seller

If the seller is not helpful, you open an item not as described dispute

Then you follow through with that and in 99.9% of cases, eBay side with the buyer and force the seller to refund you

I am confused as to how you came about doing what you say you did, as I said, never heard of going directly to eBay who 'send' you a declaration to sign and upload back

Are you sure

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

To add, how did you contact eBay?

Did you indeed contact eBay, or the seller you bought from?

When you say 'requested a refund' do you mean you opened a proper Not as described dispute , or did you send a message asking for a refund?

Did you send the 'declaration' to eBay or to the seller?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am a bit confused too.

At any rate, normally eBay first gives sellers a few days to reply, and then you can request eBay to step in. Maybe you already did that if they asked you to sign a document. Not sure if it is something new, or if the item was very expensive, or if there is another reason. Not too long ago somebody else mentioned having to sign a document about an item that had not arrived (it was quite expensive). Before that person and you, I had never heard of having to sign a document.

About how long it takes them to review the document you sent them - it is just Monday now and it appears you sent the documentation on the weekend, so this is basically the first business day.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I hope there were no personal details in that document.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds HIGHLY unusual.

Why would you need to sign a declaration? WHAT INFORMATION WAS REQUIRED ON THIS "FORM"?

You do not request refunds from Ebay themselves - you need to deal with the seller by opening a formal case.

If an item is not correct, you open a dispute for Item Not as Described. If the seller wants it back,  they must send you a postage label, postage funds, or simply refund you.

Please come back to us and tell us about this form, but in the meantime, open a dispute right now and do not communicate with the seller, especially if they promise to send the proper item etc.

Some more information about the whole thing would be helpful, but this "form" sounds highly dubious.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

It was in this thread https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Scammed-for-3000-eBay-is-refusing-to-refund/td-p/2501159 that Molly says she was asked to sign something...

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@papermoon - this OP has not said they are being scammed, just that the item sent was wrong.

In Mollys situation it is a serious case of seller fraud, so one can understand the need for a Stat Dec, but this is a standard INAD dispute.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, it is definitely unusual. Maybe if the OP tells us the item number, it will be easier for us to understand. Maybe it is a very expensive item, or the OP has opened too many INAD disputes recently. No idea...

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply