How are foreign sellers posing as au sellers

How is it it that foreign sellers are posing as aussie sellers with an aussie address when quite clearly many of them are not. Don't these people have to prove they are aussie sellers?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many Asian sellers are notorious for misrepresenting location.

You can click on feedback and see where their account is registered.

Some sellers do have a warehouse in Australia but items are often shipped from China or H.K..

I stay away from any sellers that show the slightest of hints of being from Asia.

Best to pay a little more than having to rebuy items because of poor quality.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I live near a Chinese dropshipper warehouse in Epping Vic. I know of 2 others within a 30 minute drive from my address. I'm assuming they represent many Chinese sellers from what I saw & heard on a local pickup of a clothing folder I bought (using nearest first in the search perameters, which was why I bought - as mine had died from overuse - was surprised to find the Chinese warehouse on pickup)

This seems the new way to go for Chinese sellers to misrepresent their location. Or Au Chinese to "help" their fellow countrymen & women (not!) They use large disused or brand new untenanted warehouses in industrial estates & then they have an Aussie address for compatriots in the "old country". JMHO & experience.  When setting up they offer PU only. But within a few months it's all go!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi redders, from memory you also saw one of those sellers having a large delivery of printed postage paid envelopes.

Makes you wonder if they are robbing AP.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes Kopes; While waiting in the not yet fully set up office area there were stacks of boxes of different sized envelopes against a wall - all rubber stamped "Postage Paid Priority Mail"

They took awhile to find what I bought so I had plenty of time to look. Then I asked how much for A5 sized (10c each)  - cheaper by the boxlot. When the envelopes alone run @ about 40c each when legitimately purchased. 

That place was in Epping Vic; But using nearest first Ebay search I've also bought on Pickup from a place in Campbellfield Vic & another just off  Edgars Rd in Thomastown Vic. All industrial estates. 

That means the Northern suburbs of Epping; Thomastown & Campbellfield in Vic are now local warehouses for Chinese sellers in the Aussie market. I'd assume there would be more in the Western suburbs - many empty factories & warehouses there! 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply