How can I get a Scammer to return my money

Unfortunatly I bought and lamp

Scammer!... After the sale the seller wanted and additoanl 40GBP to on top of the 20 I had already paid in the lsiting. 

I refused and the seller cancelled the sale and I am waiting for my refund.... The seller keeps giving me the run around and ebay has no options for any help at all.

ebay thinks running around in cirle links is helping.. with no options for assitinace or help what do i do?

I know ebay is not getting anymore sales through me. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unless you paid through Paypal with funds that were already in there, any refund will go back to the funding source ie your bank account or credit card. Have you checked there ?

Edit. G'day Dave.............snap.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If the seller cancelled through eBay, the refund should have been automatic.

When did it happen?

The money will go back to the funding source. If that is a bank account or a credit card, it can take a few days. It should be visible in your Paypal account, though.

Edit: Afternoon padi

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Edit: Afternoon padi

...............not in the real world of SW WA young fella................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Its through Paypal.. They guy just keep making BX excuses.... Nothing I can do untill it doesn't arrive, then ill have to raise the issue then maybe after another 4 week of this BS Ill get a refund from Paypal... ebay has very much lost any of the support it used to have. I cant email or talk to anyone directly.... I no longer trust ebay.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

How did the seller cancel?

Going on your post, I am assuming it was simply through a message, where they simply told you they wouldn't go ahead with the sale if you didn't pay more.

As others have said, if it had been an official cancellation through ebay, the refund should be automatic and although it might take a day or two to show up, it would be there by now.

You say they are giving you the run around. I presume this is in relation to why they haven't done an official cancellation to issue a refund?

The seller to me sounds at the least, very unprofessional and perhaps even inexperienced as a seller. Not that that is any excuse for incompetence.

I think you can still access ebay online chat, I am not sure. Whether that would solve it I don't know, even if they read your messages, as cancellations would usually be done by the seller, not the buyer.

But as soon as the expected arrival date of the lamps arrives, you could open an ebay claim for item not received, escalate 4 days later and get money back that way. I know it is not ideal but once you open a case, it should only be a matter of waiting 4 days, not another 4 weeks. Good luck with it all.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply