'Fornite account' raffle - in breach of eBay's T&Cs, yet eBay leave it up!

Anyone come across listings like this before? -

Fortnite account, Ghoul trooper, Skull Trooper, Renegade Raider, and MORE! RAFFL

As per the description, "You are not buying an account your buying a chance to win the account, the more tickets you buy the higher your chance of winning is!"

Apart from half the buyers who've already participated having brand new zero-feedback accounts (the seller attempting to make his listing seem legitimate, perhaps?), it's in clear breach of eBay's 'Chance listings policy' which states,

"Giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles and contests are highly regulated. Therefore, we don't allow listings or products that sell an opportunity to win an item or prize, whether that's by chance or in a contest."

I reported this listing, and another five like it, to eBay's 'Trust & Safety' department, via online chat two days ago, and was assured they'd take a close look at them.  Of course all six listings are still active as I write this.

I wonder why they bother with policies they evidently have no interest in enforcing?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Chance listings are not permitted and has it's own report category.

Now that you have posted here, no doubt others will report this one and it will probably be removed.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

A search for  'Fortnite account raffle'  brings up 10 with different sellers.

Reported all 10 - listing practices> other listing practices> chance

I noticed there was also 17 international raffles for the same thing.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

All the raffle ones that showed via your link have been reported,(some are selling the acounts as a BIN so

they are fine)

Others that showed up using different search paremeters have also been reported).

I've also reported them via the Chat option today,(who have passed it on to Trust & Safety).

Doesn't say much for the intelligence level of the ones who play these games if they think they can just raffle

them off and that everyone is fine with it,(they can just say some fictional character won it and then raffle it

again),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

They still haven't been removed so I had another "chat" to get them to act hopefully,(there have been 3 new

listings every day as well),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

eBay's "Trust & Safety" department must be on holiday this month.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

"eBay" and "Trust and Safety" shouldn't be in the same sentence - T & S dropped the ball many years ago, and don't struggle very hard it seems to find the darned thing again..................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

marwi_3023
Community Member
Oxymoron is only way to describe it
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

When it comes to how eBay is run, you probably don't even need the 'oxy'.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

One "account" that has sold has been won by someone that is selling an account and they are both new

members,(who would've guessed that),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

The basics are very easy in that is,list a chance listing,get a mate to start a new account and buy a ticket in

the "raffle",then when enough suckers/members have paid and the listing ends announce the mate as the

winner,(once eBay takes their fee there it is still a handy profit for selling nothing).

That's what all the other suckers/members get,nothing.

Feedback is a bit strange by the seller though: No way dude! This is the second time I sold to you and when you

offered $10000??,(maybe they offered the money if they were shown as the winner or make it look good).

This winner/seller has sold 39 at $11 each,(so making a bit of a profit as well).

Their second raffle has also gone to a newbie who is also a seller of these accounts: Member since:

23-Sep-18 in Australia

The first one isn't very good at it as they haven't sold a lot,(but the second winner/seller has sold 40 of

them at $12 each,so $480 minus fees for them and any money scammed is free money for the second

one as they have only made a bit over $100),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

No Trust & no Safety at work,(the Italian one has sold 223 "raffle tickets" at $3.26 each so they are the better

scammer,

As you can tell,they are still active and I'm getting a headache,Angry head bang.gif

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply