How can I get action when I have reported the same seller for shill bidding since November 2016

I have reported the same seller repeatedly for shill bidding since November 2016.   7 emails, 1 phone call  [ref. no. 1-134206299430] and 6 reports directly on the listings ... and still this seller continues to use the same shill bidder.  Please don't tell me about privacy  as I can clearly see that this illegal activity is still continuing as of today.  If appropriate action had been taken the shill bidding would have ceased long ago.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

How can I get action when I have reported the same seller for shill bidding since November 2016

There is nothing that shows that bidder to be shilling.

It looks like someone that is a collector of Uranium glass, nothing more.

If eBay has checked IP addresses, location of bidder etc. and have found no relation between the accounts, then there is nothing eBay can do.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, but Ebay has confirmed that a...r is a shill bidder on all their replies to me.  How come this shill bidder often wins the items and NEVER leaves feedback and the item always goes back up for sale.  Also their bids are 100% with that seller.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

All bids are with the same seller so yeah it probably is the sellers shill account, given that there is the option now to make your listings private on top of the restricted info on bidders I dont know why the seller just doesnt do that.

You probably shouldnt provide details of the seller in question on these boards tho - someone will possibly complain.

Although its unethical and fairly obvious im not sure that ebay will do anything about it if they havent already- and besides the seller is really only small time - pro shillers will have private listings - you wont be able to see any bid details at all (not that all sellers that run private listings are crooks)

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah, probably shouldn't have named and shamed, but as a buyer only I am sick of seeing genuine bidders being ripped off repeatedly.  I have exhausted all avenues of complaint with Ebay and this was my last resort as I have lost all faith in Ebay.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The seller is not a very good shiller then. The object of the exercise is to get the price up, not win the item. Which entails paying selling fees to eBay, so not an economic move.

From your POV, find somebody else to buy from.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I very much doubt that ebay would have confirmed shill bidding.....they just don't do that.

If the shill bidding account is winning the items then they are not very good at it....the aim is to push the price up but not win the item.

The fact that they do not leave feedback means nothing....feedback is voluntary and more and more buyers and sellers are not bothering to leave it these days.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, Ebay have definitely confirmed the shill bidding in their email replies to me, they just won't say what action they will take (privacy)

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I' m surprised

As mentioned, ebay do not do that sort of thing

They must have updated their policy

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

This is part of one of Ebay's replies -

"I looked into this very carefully and have confirmed that they have indeed related to each other and have violated our Shill Bidding Policy".

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply