How can I reopen a case that has not been resolved because of CoVid-19 delays

ashdoo
Community Member

A case was opened to return defective items. Replacements have not yet been sent. According to parcel tracking information the returns have olny just been reeived by the seller. The return shipping took a long time due to CoVid-19 restrictions. As a result, this case has been automatically closed. How can I reopen the case to allow more time to resolve the problem? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can I reopen a case that has not been resolved because of CoVid-19 delays

Unfortunately, ashdoo, once you have closed a case, you cannot re-open it.

However, given the particular circumstances, it's worth trying to chat with an eBay CS rep to see whether they can resolve the problem for you. eBay's phone help has been disabled for months. There was a notice on the relevant Help page for quite some time, stating that the call centre was down due to COVID-19 health precautions. Check this page to read that:

โChanges to eBay customer support

We are making some small changes to how we provide customer support to you.

Under new guidance from health authorities, we wonโ€™t be able to offer customer support over the phone until further notice. However our support team will be available as usual through our customer service online chat function. 

If you have any questions or issues you can visit our help pages, which contain information and answers to frequently asked questions. We appreciate your patience for any customer service delays that may occur during this time.โž

To get to eBay chat, go to the bottom of the Help page (https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home๐Ÿ˜ž

eBay Chat SymbolChat with us

We're available from 8am to 8pm AET

Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET

Saturday and Sunday

Best of luck, and please post back with what happens.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply