How can you say 100% Silk feeling when it is polyester?

2bibbie
Community Member

I have just been searching for 100% silk scarves and found  '100% silk feeling' in the title and then polysester in the description.

Is this not false advertising?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: How can you say 100% Silk feeling when it is polyester?

Yes, the story of the silk road is amazing and if anyone doesn't know it, do yourself a favour and have look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qer5yTyYvI&list=PLILRQ_uVCaoOtZ6Q6egVvUyEMhbN7OG9y

image host
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Penny said:

Had same issue with a scarfs I ordered.  

One listing in the title stated 100% silk.  There was nothing in listing description below stating anything about polyester. Received scarf and it stated 100% silk feeling polyester on the sewn in label.  The label was not pictured in any photos.

Another scarf I purchased on ebay in the description where ebay has you list details in the drop down menu, the material was identified as "silk" and no where in the listing was there a mention of polyester.  The scarf arrived and low and behold the label stated "100% polyester."  This listing also did not have any pictures of the label.

-------------------------

These days, wouldn't you be able to just put in a not as described claim? I certainly would. My understanding is if the case is clear cut (as this would be), the seller would have to provide return postage costs & you would be reimbursed.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

Buy it, if its $20 just send In $10, if they say anything tell them it has the feeling of $20!

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

laughing-out-loud-smiley-emoticon.gif You're right a $10 feels the same as a $20. (BTW, Thread is 2 years Old)

image host
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

That made me laugh too.

The thread may be old (this seems to be happening a lot but with a name like perrymason I guess we should expect some detective work & digging into the pastSmiley Wink)

Perry's  purchase of the genuine silk feeling scarfs-that is more recent though? 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Reading this - I can't believe it's not butter - came to mind.

Robot wink

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply