How do I go about reporting a seller that has been selling me fake jewellery for awhile

[user] has been selling fake stones set in silver coated metal and calling it 925 sterling silver. How can this seller be stopped from conning others and banned from ebay

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

How do I go about reporting a seller that has been selling me fake jewellery for awhile

Leave factual feedback is a start and then you need to get in writing from a jeweller on a letter head to show they are not what is advertised and then send that to ebay and they MIGHT even read it.

Other than that shop else where.

Saying you doubt something is not good enough as you need proof to back your accusations.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Click on Help & Contact on your page, then to open a request.

My item doesn't match the seller's description

You may find that phoning eBay will be a quicker and sometimes more satisfactory method.

Of course you may find that eBay won't do anything about it as it'll only be your word against a large seller's 😞

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

@11ben1963 wrote:

[user] has been selling fake stones set in silver coated metal and calling it 925 sterling silver. How can this seller be stopped from conning others and banned from ebay

Once bitten, twice shy. See what others have said. Answer to your question though, dont buy from them.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Not saying that what you're claiming isn't correct but, the ID you've quoted (which you shouldn't be doing) has no feedback as a Seller at all (that I can see) and, only fb as a buyer and they have nothing listed for sale either.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

to poose you will find the id is inconplete   and is a huge seller from china and has over 4000 items for sale

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Yeah.   You'd think if the ID is gunna stay there, named and shamed,

it should be the right one.  hey?

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

An incomplete ID it may be but, kinda makes it worse since the finger would now seem to be well and truly pointed at the wrong ID don't you think?

A prime example of of why "name & shame" isn't and shouldn't be permitted.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

yes your correct the poose I see its now off

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

I understand your problem here. You've bought, you obviously suspect or know the item is fake and so I doubt you will be buying again from the seller, but the real question is-should the seller still be able to list the items on ebay as they do? They won't be conning you again but if it's a fake then it is a brazen con, that's the point, and other buyers could be taken in.

If you have proof and can contact ebay by phone, provide evidence then yes, I believe they should penalise the seller, pull the ads.

I think some of these ads on ebay are blatantly misleading. Not subtle, blatant. I have seen wedding gown photo shoots copied from designer websites and listed as the gown supplied from Chinese sellers, sometimes for $18.99. I know that for a fact because I saw one of my daughters' gown that I know is made in USA and is $2500 + in the shops here. I am surprised some of the designers have not complained. Maybe they have and ebay does nothing but I am also pretty sure a buyer wouldn't be getting the gown as shown.

I am in the process of buying some labels. They are from Malaysia, listed as Modular Mates labels and then in the listing as Tupperware modular mate labels. They look identical to the genuine Tupperware labels, but they lack the Tupperware logo at the top and are half the price.

These are probably blatant fakes. If they are good fakes and stick well, I can live with it. If they don't though, the seller better watch out.

Mine is a small purchase but what worries me is this seller and others from Malaysia sell a lot of other items as well and all are listed as Tupperware brand & they are not necessarily that much cheaper than you would expect so it waves a red flag to me-How genuine are all the other products?

I suspect ebay is flooded with fakes from overseas.

It's okay to buy a copy but buyers are entitled to know it is a copy and at the moment I don't think it is always clear on a lot of overseas ads.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply