How do I obtain contact details for a seller

A transaction has gone monumently sour; I'm out of pocket hundreds; the whole Pay Pal dispute process has stalled because the seller provided a dodgy tracking number (confirmed).  I want to make a police report.  How do I get the sellers contact details?  You used to be able to just request them, but I can't find how to do that now.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you actually rung Paypal? If you do and tell them the tracking number does not show anything being sent to your address then they can easily check it, just providing any tracking number is not enough for a seller to win a dispute. Paypal may accept it initially if it just shows as delivered but as soon as you ring them it should be sorted. If it isn't ask to soeak to a supervisor. Keep to the facts, don't elaborate and make sure you take down the time of the call and the name and employee number of any rep who agrees that you should be given a refund.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the seller has provided false tracking details then it should not take Paypal long to confirm that, when I had that happen they checked the number while I was on the phone and authorised the refund straight away. I would be back on the phone to Paypal and asking to speak to a supervisor if they have turned your claim down, if it is still under investigation give them a little more time but make it very clear that if you do not receive a refund within X weeks you will be contacting the financial ombudsman.

The best way to report to the police is to use the on line auction report site HERE

You can get their phone number using Advanced Search however that won't do you much good if it is a hi-jacked account or they are overseas.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  They quoted a tracking number that I have confirmed matches a shipment from Sydney to the seller in Melbourne - not to me.  If Pay Pal checks it, it will show as a legitimate number, with a delivery date of 04/09/2014.  I'm just about at my wits end.  I've always relied on Pay Pal as my safeguard, but it's beginning to look like this seller has found a way to shonk the system.  Also, I left neg feedback to warn other buyers, and it disappeared.  What's with that?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have you actually rung Paypal? If you do and tell them the tracking number does not show anything being sent to your address then they can easily check it, just providing any tracking number is not enough for a seller to win a dispute. Paypal may accept it initially if it just shows as delivered but as soon as you ring them it should be sorted. If it isn't ask to soeak to a supervisor. Keep to the facts, don't elaborate and make sure you take down the time of the call and the name and employee number of any rep who agrees that you should be given a refund.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

don't worry, paypal will continue to investigate, I had this happen and although it took a couple of weeks I did get my money back.  I had a person give no less than 4 different tracking numbers which was so dodgy but as there is a process paypal follow it still takes time 🙂

thank goodness for paypal protection is all I can say!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Great advice guys.  I called Paypal, and I have my refund.  Glad I came here for help, and thank God for Paypal!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Great to see a good result.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply