How do I retrieve post that was 'autosaved'?

Help please, for some reason I got shut out when I tried to post a (long) reply, and now I can't back page to get it. How do I acess autosave for it?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How do I retrieve post that was 'autosaved'?

I used that method just last night CQ.

It was a v-e-r-y long post in CS and I would have been furious if it had disappeared completely.

I have never had to retrieve anything in PMs so have no idea if it would/should work there....obviously not.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Perhaps it's different in PMs as an "Authentication Mismatch" message means that you've timed out while typing your message, and I've never had the misfortune of having that happen to me on the main boards.

Now when I'm writing a long PM, I do a quick Ctrl-C to the clipboard before hitting the send button and you'd be surprised at how many times it has saved my messages from total loss since I started doing it.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I was actually about to suggest doing a Ctrl-C when I read your first message about timing out in PM's. Glad I read the entire thread before I did, or else I would have had egg on my face (again!!).

I've used that quite a few times, especially if I am half way through writing something and I get disturbed for some reason, or I forget I'm writing a PM and walk away and come back later (which I've done before on the forums with the intention of finishing the message when I get back). 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply