How do i get my order if it is sent from HK, without tax included and using click and collect?

So I bought this hoodie from here on the last Friday 3/05/2019.

It was sent on this Monday, 5/05/2019. The listing said that it will be dispatched from Sydney using Courier Please. However, this date estimation ranges from a week to a month. I checked this and find out that the seller is based in China. But the feedbacks is really high for a China based seller, and other stuffs on his page also have a lot of good feebacks.

Based on that, I decided to take the risk and order this hoodie and use click and collect for it. But it's been a couple of days since it was sent, but there was no tracking or whatsoever to tell where my package might be. I did a quick check to see how long it should take for Courier Please to deliver from Sydney to my location, and it said only 1 business day. But it clearly did not come that fast. 

So my guest is the location is misrepresented, and it's coming from China (probably by epacket or worse, freight). But here's the problem. The location said it was in Sydney, Australia, so the total price didn't include the GST tax. If the package is coming from China then I will have to pay for the GST charge, or it won't be sent to me. But i used click and collect for it, so the address is a supermarket. Therefore, how am i going to be notified when I need to pay for the custom ? Would they contact me by my phone number? 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i get my order if it is sent from HK, without tax included and using click and collect?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you are worrying unnecessarily.

The item could well be in a warehouse in Australia and will just be sent as an ordinary local delivery.

The problem as I see it is that Couriers Please is not all that reliable as to delivery times.  It also depends on how quickly the item is dispatched....what is the handling time on the listing?

If the item is sent from overseas it may take longer to get here but the GST is not your problem.  The item is less than $1000 so Customs will not collect the GST.

Your item should just be delivered to the location you have selected and you should get notification to pick it up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How do i get my order if it is sent from HK, without tax included and using click and collect?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you are worrying unnecessarily.

The item could well be in a warehouse in Australia and will just be sent as an ordinary local delivery.

The problem as I see it is that Couriers Please is not all that reliable as to delivery times.  It also depends on how quickly the item is dispatched....what is the handling time on the listing?

If the item is sent from overseas it may take longer to get here but the GST is not your problem.  The item is less than $1000 so Customs will not collect the GST.

Your item should just be delivered to the location you have selected and you should get notification to pick it up.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If the item is listed as being in Australia and you opted for click & collect, then the GST is not your problem.

The seller is going to pay that, by the sounds of it.

The delivery date range is staring you in the face and is a dead give away. The items this seller has may or may not be in Australia when you buy them. I'd say he is definitely getting them sent to some warehouse in Sydney and re posted on from there.

With your particular item, if it is showing as posted then it probably has been, but it may have been posted from China or HK and won't show with Courier please till it arrives here and is in their little hot hands.

But if your earliest estimate of delivery is one week, I am not sure why you are doing a lot of worrying at this stage. Whatever makes you think it would be there within 3 days when the range is 1-4 weeks?  Not going to happen. You might still have 3 weeks to wait.

I wouldn't worry at all actually, it sounds to me as if you are very likely to get your item and within the time frame advertised.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply