How long does it take to receive a product from the UK?

It's been a while since I've purchased something from the UK but, from what I remember, last time it only took about two weeks for my package to arrive after it had been posted.

I placed an order for some books on July 16th and received a message from the seller the next day to say that my books had been posted. The estimated date on my order details says August 15th. The estimated time period for arrival on their page says 14-21 business days and as of today it's now been about 25 or 26 business days since the package was originally posted.

Should I be getting worried at this point? Or should I wait it out just a little longer? Have you had to wait a super long time for something to arrive from the UK?

I've had some bad experiences with things not showing up recently (which isn't the norm for me), so I'm starting to get a little anxious.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long does it take to receive a product from the UK?

Hi Kimbooley,

Is there anything in the sellers history or feedback that would give you cause for concern?

Is the item the subject of tracking? If so, that’s one avenue of inquiry for you.

If not, I’d suggest at this stage you make polite enquiries with the seller direct. They may be able to assist, although if not tracked it’ll probably be difficult for them.

I certainly wouldn’t be opening an INR case just yet. Communicate with the seller and try and gauge their attitude to the isssue. Give it a little while longer. I have waited a bit over 4 weeks for UK deliveries, although generally it’s about 3 weeks.

DO some groundwork and open communications first Kimbooley and then you might be better placed to make the appropriate decision.

I wish you well.

Melina.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Kimbooley,

Is there anything in the sellers history or feedback that would give you cause for concern?

Is the item the subject of tracking? If so, that’s one avenue of inquiry for you.

If not, I’d suggest at this stage you make polite enquiries with the seller direct. They may be able to assist, although if not tracked it’ll probably be difficult for them.

I certainly wouldn’t be opening an INR case just yet. Communicate with the seller and try and gauge their attitude to the isssue. Give it a little while longer. I have waited a bit over 4 weeks for UK deliveries, although generally it’s about 3 weeks.

DO some groundwork and open communications first Kimbooley and then you might be better placed to make the appropriate decision.

I wish you well.

Melina.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Kimbooley, is this also related to your other thread? I do remember you having a similar issue.

Mel.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I would wait until next Tuesday giving ample time so if it hasn't arrived and there is no tracking, open a case for INR.

You don't need to escalate the case for some time and just close it should the item turn up.

I have found items from UK are usually very quick but occasionally they can take 3 - 4 weeks.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I recently made 2 purchases from the UK on same day.   Both parcels were posted within hours of payment.

The parcel coming via Royal Mail arrived in less than a week, the one coming via the GSP took nearly a month.

Recently the UK mail has been very eratic....sometimes super fast....other times agonisingly slow.  It is rarely the seller's fault.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, this is related to my other thread. And upon actually looking into the seller's history, I've noticed people recently complaining of items never having arrived, postage was way overdue and seller never responded to emails. I usually take these complaints with a grain of salt (especially with sellers who have overwhelming postive feedback compared to the negative) since I know that some people can jump the gun in these situations, but now I'm starting to wonder.

However I'll give it until the end of the week and see how it goes.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I recently made 2 purchases from the UK on same day.   Both parcels were posted within hours of payment.

The parcel coming via Royal Mail arrived in less than a week, the one coming via the GSP took nearly a month.

Recently the UK mail has been very eratic....sometimes super fast....other times agonisingly slow.  It is rarely the seller's fault.

You want to try living here LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You mean it is exactly the same as Australia PJ?

Very fast or very slow but never average/normal?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Update:
I contacted the seller, asking if they had any tracking infomation available (as they had not provided me with a tracking number) and mentioned that my books still hadn't shown up yet even though it's now nearly a week past the ETA. The seller responded that they don't track their packages so they couldn't provide me with that info, then apologised and offered an immediate refund.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply