How to ask seller to give feedback?

I won an item. Pay straight away with paypal (thank God).

Estimated delivery went pass....nothing happening, tried to contact the seller, then all of a sudden it changed into item is delivered (What the Hell...what has he been doing). Wait....wait...and wait....a month later, I decided to claim to paypal. All of a sudden, the seller became very active, saying that the item is on the way, it's not posted because he was interstate. I replied.....if you could have let me know, it would be alright. Other seller let me know and I'm fine with that. The fact that he wasn't communicating with me at all was very pathetic.

Anyway...he asked me to review the feedback. I told him. I'm not going to do that until I receive the item.

I receive the item and gave not so good feedback on posting and communication.

I haven't received any feedback from him.

How to ask for feedback from this kind of seller. I don't think he will provide feedback to me.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

To be quite honest, you are probably better off without feedback from this type of seller. He sounds distinctly dodgy to me. Lists the item as delivered when it hasn't even been posted, takes a month to send it off and only then after you go to make a claim.

I wouldn't trust him for feedback.

Just give a silent prayer of thanks you got the goods at least, and give him a big miss from now on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You really dont need fb from an unscrupulous Seller. I am confused as to why you would even want to ask for it given your opinion of this Seller is so low. What credibility would his fb have?

I know you are probably wanting to build up your fb numbers but if you keep being the great buyer you are then great fb will come from equally great sellers.

Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello, feedback is voluntary, so there is nothing anyone can do to make him leave you feedback. He doesn't have to leave feedback if he doesn't want to.

However, to answer your question, you could just PM him, point out that you have left feedback for him and ask that he kindly reciprocate, but I do not advise that you do this, eBay don't like it very much when trading partners discuss feedback, and I am pretty sure it is a violation to ask.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

To be quite honest, you are probably better off without feedback from this type of seller. He sounds distinctly dodgy to me. Lists the item as delivered when it hasn't even been posted, takes a month to send it off and only then after you go to make a claim.

I wouldn't trust him for feedback.

Just give a silent prayer of thanks you got the goods at least, and give him a big miss from now on.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Why would you want the feedback, Of what use is the feedback to you? Why would a seller you left a less than perfect comment for want to give you with feedback? Why did you leave feedback initially before you received the item or got a refund anyway?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

eBay don't like it very much when trading partners discuss feedback, and I am pretty sure it is a violation to ask.

crikey, are you sure it's a violation to ask for f/back?

And who cares weather Ebay likes it or not, (if you are correct)

I thought the only thing with f/back that is a violation is using it as a weapon, to try to get something one is not entitled to. Some money, extra items, that sort of thing.

OP - you don't really need f/back as a buyer - but there is nothing stopping you asking for it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@jameshouseofstyle wrote:

eBay don't like it very much when trading partners discuss feedback, and I am pretty sure it is a violation to ask.

crikey, are you sure it's a violation to ask for f/back?

And who cares weather Ebay likes it or not, (if you are correct)

I thought the only thing with f/back that is a violation is using it as a weapon, to try to get something one is not entitled to. Some money, extra items, that sort of thing.

OP - you don't really need f/back as a buyer - but there is nothing stopping you asking for it.

well, I said I was "pretty sure" (you even quoted that bit)

and well, umm, ahh - I care WHETHER eBay likes it or not, I do try to do the best that I can to follow eBay's guidelines policies and T&C, and also those pertaining to Australian Law,

However, you are correct, I rang eBay and asked (although remember that I was told by an eBay supervisor last week to contact LIVE WORL about some tech problems I was experiencing at that time) and "Alice" has told me that there are no policies preventing a buyer from politely asking a seller to leave them feedback. As you have said, from the buyer's perspective, it is only naughty to use the feedback as a threat or for bribery.

Alice did remind me though, that just because I may ask the seller politely, that there is nothing to make them leave the said feedback.

eBay do however have a policy for sellers and their discussion of feedback, both through PM and in their listings, but that is irrelevant here.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I though feedback is mutual and not that I'm craving feedback, but in my opinion, I do deserve to have good feedback....that's why I ask to the forum. I always leave feedback because I think that's what ebay is for (the people can check before they buy, etc. etc.)

I left feedback with bad reviews and he asked me to change it, but I didn't change it until I got the item. 

And when I changed it, i still left not so good feedback on communication and postage. Why would he want to leave a feedback for me, because I didn't do anything wrong. I paid for the item straight away and I wasn't even fussy when the item didn't arrive straight away. I left feedback before I claim because by soing so, I'm hoping that he will send the item and in fact he did.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Feedback is VOLUNTARY.

You got your item and that is what you paid for. Given your feedback to the seller was less than glowing I doubt you will get any in return. You could always ask the seller, but I still doubt you will get it or be allowed to buy from them in future.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

You really dont need fb from an unscrupulous Seller. I am confused as to why you would even want to ask for it given your opinion of this Seller is so low. What credibility would his fb have?

I know you are probably wanting to build up your fb numbers but if you keep being the great buyer you are then great fb will come from equally great sellers.

Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Your seller hasn't left any feedback since August. He may be going to do it in bulk?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply